External Touch Sreen Monitor

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions External Touch Sreen Monitor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of svelting
    svelting
    Participant

Decided to start a new topic specifically on touch screen monitors ratehr than continue on the discussion about big fingers on the on-board monitor screen.

We have a iLive 144 with the older 1.0 ghz screen processor. We have had a regular 17″ LCD monitor plugged into the VGA port on the console for the last year but we would love to have a larger external touch screen monitor. I seem to remember being told that we would have to get a different card for our console to use a external touch screen monitor. In the other discussion mention was made about using a GVision P15BX touch screen with the iLive by just plugging it into the VGA and the USB.

Does anyone know if the older 1.0 ghz screen will support that monitor by just simply plugging it into the VGA and USB?

Can an

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hello All

There are now 2 topics on iLive External Touch Screen compatability so I’ll answer in both.

The software to support the external touch screens from GVision was installed during the normal firmware update procedure, I believe around version V1.20.

This means anyone with an iLive regardless of the Touch screen computer model can make use of the GVision monitors, providing they have the necessary connectors on the back of their surface …..

A small number of early iLive Surfaces were shipped without the 15 pin D-SUB external VGA connector fitted, and these systems obviously can’t use an external touch screen at present.

For these systems there is however a kit which can be ordered through Technical support, which removes the blanking plate and adds the VGA connector and cable. This is probably what svelting is refering to, but it sounds like you already have the VGA connector so you will be fine.

For all other iLive-T and iLive consoles which already have the VGA connector on the rear of the surface and who are up to date in terms of firmware, the GVision 15″ should work out of the box.

The 17″ external screen I believe has the X / Y axis inverted and to correct this, when you plug the monitor in, under Utility, you will see an external touch calibration tool, which can be used to correct the axis inversion.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

svelting
    Participant

It absolutly does help and it is good news – Thanks

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Hey.

What do you get out of this? It is just a mirror image of what is on the internal screen right? Only bigger.

It is not possible to have two different images running?

Tue

svelting
    Participant

It would be nice if that were the case but it is only a duplicate of the small screen. With the larger touch screen we can make changes on the same screen we look at to read things. The larger screen is just bigger and more clear. Many times I have touched the larger screen to make changes – only to feel real stupid and then go back to the little screen. I ordered one as soon as I got the response that it should work – can’t wait for it to come in.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Like Svelting I fancy one of these if only to keep up with the lampies who appear to have more screens on their desks than you can shake a stick at.
    It would be good also to have full mouse and keyboard control for editing on the desk.
    Now that would be a good reason for a new case with built in keybard drawer and mouse pad also. Bracket fitted to dog box for monitor arm, the list is never ending. [:p]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.