Yamaha LS9 vs ILive

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Yamaha LS9 vs ILive

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tuejo Tuejo 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of arich
    arich
    Participant

considering Ilive I have worked with LS932 what is the audio Quality Difference. DSP section and overall sound[:)]

alan

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Really – this is a totally different product. It is born with stagerack and twice!! as many outputs all with GEQ. It sounds ten times better (no I do not work for A&H) and has got 8 FX´s. No matter how you calculate you just get more – a lot more.

I my self and 4-5 others have done serious work on my IDR48 and T-112. Biggest issue so far is that I keep forgetting to bring lid lights. That´s it. We all really like it.

My most regular band has gone from disliking in-ear to loving it just by changing the mixer from M7CL to ILive.

Dont take my word for it. Get a LS9 and an ILive, put them next to each other and listen.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI,

I have a LS9 for 2 years now and recently ( 4 months ) T112/IDR48.
    Appart from the functionality and flexibility the sound is a huge improvement.I love the stagerack with networksnake. I use it sometimes with laptop only and it is a dream. The problem i have with the LS9 soundwise is when you begin to add more instruments the sound get worse ( kind of compressed ). And most off all A&H listen to the customer, they solve problems realy fast.You can have a good product but the customer support makes it a great product. And finally the ‘ no digital’ engineers can use it to. Have to stop raving about [:I]

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

please compare the iLive with PM5D, not with LS9!
    that´s unfair, it´s another league…

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

please compare the iLive with PM5D, not with LS9!
    that´s unfair, it´s another league…

The A&H has to raise the price ;-)

The LS9 comparisation comes naturally because you can get a iDR32 + T80 surface for roughly the same price…

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I Just had a tech that booked my Ilive-T for a week. He had the Digico D1 in the budget but he would rather have the Ilive. He says the reverbs are better and he can handle it alone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.