T112 vs. 144

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msmelser msmelser 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Catalin_Gava
    Catalin_Gava
    Participant

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum.

In the near future I intend to buy a complete T112 system from Germany.
    I just wanted to ask, for the record, what is the difference between iLive T and iLive 112/144/176. I just need a short comparison, for my curiosity, since I can not afford an iLive 144 system.

Thank you kindly. Cheers.

Neighbourhood Sound Terrorist

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

the only difference between the 112 and 114 is the number of faders on the surface.

the stage racks can be the same though.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

and modular

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of tv7
    tv7
    Participant

iLive T-series control surfaces don’t have slots for expansion modules. iLive 80/122/144/176 has four of them.

– Kristian

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

From my experience running a show on an IDR10/ilive144 and then moving directly to another room and running on an IDR48/iliveT112, I’ve found the Ilive T to respond noticeably faster to commands from the surface, especially when going from menu to menu on the touch screen. Seems kind of weird to me since the T is the smaller, cheaper console. . .

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

probably thats the reason

https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=900

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by msmelser

From my experience running a show on an IDR10/ilive144 and then moving directly to another room and running on an IDR48/iliveT112, I’ve found the Ilive T to respond noticeably faster to commands from the surface, especially when going from menu to menu on the touch screen. Seems kind of weird to me since the T is the smaller, cheaper console. . .

Are you making this comparison before or after you have initiallized the the touch screen menus.

Page 13 of reference manual issue 2 supplied with ilives with v1.41

Note: With the current version of firmware we recommend that you
    initialise the TouchScreen pages immediately after powering up the
    system. Press each key below the screen in turn to allow its page to appear. The ROUTING and FX pages can take up to 12 seconds to initialise. Once this is done for the first time subsequent access to these pages is instantaneous.

I don’t know if this holds true to the newest firmware though, we havn’t updated to 1.51 yet.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Dont need to that anymore, unless that thing is older than V1.42 firmware.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

The T series has different mic amps also, they should sound different though I have not had a chance to play with one yet. ACE could be a faster comms system I guess. The ability to load modules into the surface I would miss

Profile photo of Catalin_Gava
    Catalin_Gava
    Participant

From my point of view, it’s a little sad that you can’t load expansion modules, but for my needs, a iLive T112 with IDR48 is enough, I mean, you get a stagebox with 48 INs and on the surface I have some TRS IN’s, like I said, for me it’s enough. It’s a major candidate for my first digital mixer system. Thank you all for your opinions[;)]

Cheers

Catalin.

Neighbourhood Sound Terrorist

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Both the ilive T and ilive that I’ve been using are running 1.43. I suppose it could just be a variation in processor speeds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.