3 weeks festival over “little report”

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions 3 weeks festival over “little report”

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robc robc 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep our 3 weeks festival (imfluss.ch) is over
    our i live was never shut down (we where running pink noise over night
    on the front system as “tweeter saver” coz the stage was a raft in the river rhine) over all: everybody happy from top swiss acts engineers to digital beginners to “analogue only” guys (i wonder what they will do in 5 years).
    at the very last day i had to reboot coz the left channel in the headphones vanished…..the booting fixed it.
    some strange things happend though (i was on 1.5.) but not enough strange to run around and update to 1.51.
    now here is a input list from all sorts of engineers:

1.effects window: lets say you have a reverb, and most of the time the ing. fiddles around with the decay – the decay button should be still active
    when the user was “somwhere else” and is “coming back” (select).

2.some engineers dont want to have “show value” on the channel displays ( they want to see the name of the channel) BUT if they are
    in GEQ mode (red button)”show value” should be on, i think this should be default not a option.

3. maybe this is already possible:
    asignable softknob to change the leds on the channels from input (pre amp to input post prossesing (after eq e.t.c.)

4. i guess this is a difficult one coz we are talking hardware here:
    i like to dim the led lights when it is getting dark but not the channel name displays.

5.customizable layer linking: i want to link only the left and the middle bank-not the right one.

6. as i mentioned before a effect called speaker / microphone simulator based on impulse responses (i had great results softening up a agressive pickup-accoustic guitar by using a IR of a neuman u87 in my studio as well bowed (no body)double basses violins with pickups e.t.c.

7.input delay on the modulation effects.or maybe delay option on the aux sends in general whatever is less dsp consuming.

8. 31 band eq for those great ” i was a engineer before you was a engineer” freaks.[xx(]

9. switchable splashscreen on the console sayin “slowtools powered” instead of allen &heath[;)]

well thats it in general: the engineers (no exeption) loved the warm sound of the console!!!!!

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

hi,
    good to hear you had a good festival.
    some of the list is already on the wish list. The impulse response thing sounds interesting and the pink noise tweeter saver is that the cold or the damp that causes that?

can you email tech support your show and event logs and we will investigate the LR issue.

thanks
    robc

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

TWEETER SAVER is combined ( we are really in the middle of the water)
    so it is morning damp/humidity rain and so on and if you keep the diaphragmas moving all the time it prevents little water drops from sneaking in (very effective indeed)before we did that (4 years ago) we lost about 5 tweeters of 10…

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

love the tweeter thing.
    dont forget to send the show and log files into tech support, also what system you have.

thanks
    robc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.