C R A S H – .A G A I N ! – V1.51

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions C R A S H – .A G A I N ! – V1.51

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PeterM PeterM 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Its done it again … Not happy !

Its lost connection between the surface and rack …again!

This time it took 4 days …

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday .. I tested it for hours and hours… testing every thing I could think of – not a problem

My next problem – what do I do for Sundays gig? I don’t know if it’s a firmware issue or a problem with my desk. Do I reload 1.43 or cut my losses and hire an M7 ?

Peter

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

HI Peter had you been storing any scenes or recalling scenes, anything memory intensive? or was it just sitting there on soak test?
    I have been running 1.51 now it seems pretty stable on my system, much better than 1.50 which gave me grief.

Ian B.

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Just a soak test on Thursday.. have not done a thing … It did reboot (screen) OK this time.

Have sent the event logs to Andrew

Peter

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Hmm don’t fancy the M7 route I am being forced to use one this weekend on an orchestral gig, not happy.[V]
    When you re-booted the screen did you turn it off and do a hard re-boot or did you use the re-connect box? or did it just re-connect itself?
    I was chatting with Andrew last week and he advised me to do a hard re-boot of the surface if possible as it clears any extra junk out of the memory. Worth a thought possibly. Back to 1.43 would be my choice for the weekend, that way you are confident the software works, even if the 1.51 was fine you would still have that little doubt in the back of your mind and you don’t need that with a show to do.
    Have a good gig.[8D]
    Ian B.

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Just got it to crash again … recalling scenes. It locked for a while then disconnected. I pressed the reconnect button …. and it did… …just tried again and another crash it locked for about 5 minutes then a red cross against the firm ware, I rebooted the screen and it came good…. just tried it again and crash and disconnect …..

Don’t really want to use an M7 either…. But its all I have access to and I need a reliable desk..

Thanks Ian

Regards

Peter

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Peter

I just tried E-mailing you to try and get some information to help you with your issue you are having. can you please let me know if you recieved the E-mail i sent you so that i can try and help you resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Sam
    A&H

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

I think the problem is only associated with scenes created by 1.43

… touch wood … every thing seems OK with scenes created by 1.51

Have sent you the log files …many thanks Peter

Peter

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I had a similar problem at a gig the other week.
    Discovered my ethernet cable was damaged.
    Have you tried other cables?

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Yes I tried new cables …. and 1.43 works perfectly.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.