C R A S H – 1.50 and 1.51

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions C R A S H – 1.50 and 1.51

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of PeterM PeterM 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

[:(!] … where can I down load 1.43 please ?

Thanks Peter

Peter

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Finally got 1.43 loaded … all looks good again. Unfortunately not in time for last night’s show!

Please AH if you release new firmware please keep the old stuff until you are absolutely sure its not needed!

Peter

Update…Now that I have time-

• Loaded 1.50 no problems … tested OK in the shop.
    • First show with 1.50 – loaded pre–programmed show from a Mac.
    • All looks OK then an error message – the rack and surface had lost connection.
    • Swapped cables and rebooted.
    • All OK then the screen locks …. and … and … so on.
    • Then tried to down load 1.43 from web … can’t find it but there is now 1.51 available.
    • Down load 1.51 and update firmware …. I don’t think it loaded correctly and the desk keeps locking up.
    • Try to reload it … wont let me.

PANIC…. (best if I don’t go into details)

• Next day – down load 1.51 again and try to reload it. No go.
    • Eventually I found an old copy of 1.43 and it reloads without issue.
    • Test 1.43 with the things that caused 1.5 and 1.51 to crash and lock – no problem.
    • Try to reload 1.51 – this time all looks good.

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Thanks AH …. great service

…now I know why I bought AH [8D]

Peter

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Firstly … thanks to the staff at AH for their help…. Fantastic! Recently I have been to hell and back with firmware issues from other manufactures and I must say AH gets 11 out of 10 for their response.

It looks like there was initial problem with 1.50 that caused the surface and rack to loose connection. I don’t have the event logs for this so it is not possible to determine the exact cause….. anyway ….

This is what happened — In desperation I managed to access to the internet with a radio modem and a laptop. I down loaded and installed the new version 1.51. It appears that the down load with the radio modem was the problem. The un-zipped file is not quite the right size and contains the incorrect number of files. Realizing that this had happened I tried to reload 1.51 but the desk would not let me over write the same version (apparently there is a way but I did not know how at the time)… when I got back to the shop I was able to over write 1.51 with 1.43 and then 1.51 again….all good.

Version 1.51 seems to work perfectly and I love some of the new features!

So for what its worth I would recommend 3 things.

• Keep a backup of your old and new firmware with you.
    • Don’t use a radio modem to down load files.
    • That AH also keep a link to the old firmware versions (1.43) etc on their web page… just in case.

Peter

PS.

I love being able to swap the pan function for a gain function, but it makes the sends on rotaries difficult.

I love being able to set up the soft keys so that I can press soft key 1, 2, 3 ..etc and go straight to monitor send 1,2,3 etc. bring up the EQ screen immediately.

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.