Notch Filters, maybe as soon as 1.6?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Notch Filters, maybe as soon as 1.6?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of simonstpauli simonstpauli 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

I’m out of gas EQ-wise for most of the shows I do with the iLive. That is mostly at corporate gigs with a lot of speech involved. With music all EQ in the iLive is great.

Mostly I run channels into groups to get the PEQ bands I need. I would like to have a 6 band notch EQ (or PEQ with higher Q factors than the channel PEQ, like the 601 EQ in the Yamaha VCM-Pack) or the ability to switch the GEQ to a PEQ (like in the Roland console).

Any development in that direction would be great.

Cheers from Hamburg,

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

I think it is a good idea. I vote for!

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Christian – the only bit of outboard gear I take with the iLive other than a Tascam SS-CDR1 player/recorder – is a cheap (Ahh-Hmm)Behringer FBQ2496 feedback eliminator which I insert at the surface and use as 2 x 20 band PEQ’s. Works for me and is also useful to insert on a couple of monitor sends for feedback protection. They work well but I guess something built in would be even better!

Cheers
    Richard

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Christian – the only bit of outboard gear I take with the iLive other than a Tascam SS-CDR1 player/recorder – is a cheap (Ahh-Hmm)Behringer FBQ2496 feedback eliminator which I insert at the surface and use as 2 x 20 band PEQ’s. Works for me and is also useful to insert on a couple of monitor sends for feedback protection. They work well but I guess something built in would be even better!

Cheers
    Richard

We even have some EQ gear in the shop but no I/O available on the surface. (T80 maxed out with CD/2xPC/Video mostly)
    Basically I’m down to what the console brings to the table. EQ-wise the 01V96 VCM wins at the moment, frankly. iLive beats it in every other aspect though… ;-)

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.