Operating system

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Operating system

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bucks bucks 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TVN
    TVN
    Participant

We are a TV station in Panama which broadcast live shows (news, entertainment, etc) and we are looking to buy a few iLive consoles to produce those shows.

We would like to know if the operating system of this consoles is windows based, linux based or propietary?

We would also like to know if anyone out there has experience using this consoles for broadcast. Do they hang often? Reboot times and so on.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Profile photo of fcb
    fcb
    Participant

OS is Linux based.

Ours has not crashed yet. I have only heard of 1 instance where it crashed. I also believe that the things that do make it crash would be major configuration changes (ie firmware upgrades etc). These are not the typical things you would be doing during live usage of the mixer.

It takes a bit of time to reboot the surface, however there is a nice feature….
    If the mixer loses connectivity with the mix rack, the mix rack will continue to pass audio.

Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve already done two shows for radio and one live recorded (on 2track only). These were rock concerts. I like this console much (:
    I think, for the broadcast situation PL-Anet option will be a good feature – you can use PL-6 (8 faders with 16 buttons) instead of big control surface.
    And many types of I/Os.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hello All

The O/S for the Mix Rack and Surface is eCos, a realtime embedded O/S which we have customised. Its similar to Linux and was developed by Red Hat for a while.

The Touchscreen runs a customised version of Linux based on Debian called DSL, with a 2.6.13.2 Kernel.

The reboot times depend slightly on system configuration and frame size of the surface. You can contact Allen & Heath Technical support for accurate timings but roughly the MixRack will pass audio within 20 seconds, and the surface with touchscreen will have fully connected within 1 minute 45 seconds.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of Debbie
    Debbie
    Participant

Hello TVN,

If you would like to contact me direct about this, I’ll put you in touch with our Panamanian distributor who’ll be able to help you further.

Best, Debbie
    A&H Sales and Marketing Manager
    debbie.maxted@allen-heath.com

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

To clarify the boot time for passing audio.

Input XLR -> Output XLR will pass audio within 12 seconds, but the signal generator may take up to 20 seconds.

Sorry for any confusion.

Andy
    A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.