Bug?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of schaibaa schaibaa 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yesterday was my first Gig with Version 1.5 – and i think i found a bug (or do i something wrong?)
    I configured four of the softbuttons as Monitor-Mix-Buttons – and if i push the button the LED on the Monitor(AUX) Master lights, but it do not show the right sends – it looks like it shows the FX send – not the AUX.
    Hitting the MixButton on the AUX Master itself shows the correct sends.

Weird…

Also one color of the Master is brighter then the other – also weird…

Should i try to flash the firmware again?
    Is that possible?

Using iLive T112 and IDR32

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Yes, the soft key is showing the wrong send levels, this is a bug, sorry, and will be fixed in V1.51. Flash the firmware won’t help. The brighter colour is strange could you take a picture and send it to A&H technical support.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen and Heath Limited

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Ah ok – i understand…
    Thats not a big problem, but good to know…

Yes i can take a picture of it – but it could take up to next week to do so.

To whom I should send the picture?

Using iLive T112 and IDR32

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by albin
    Also one color of the Master is brighter then the other – also weird…

Albin, maybe a stupid thought but you didn’t coloured the master left and right in dark and light blue by accident [:I]. If it’s coloured blue anyway.
    Lieven

T112/IDR48

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Na, i made it yellow – but i tried also red – but they are not the same brightness.
    But funny – that just happend with the 1.5 Version.
    Before there was the right color for both…

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi,

I Have found something strange in version 1.5. I was setting up the desk as a monitordesk so no main busses ( LCR,sub,M ). I Like my effectsends on rotary so i did changed them that way.when no mix button is pressed the rotary has no function.
    When i select the mix button for effect send i can adjust the send level with the rotary. OK so far. Now when i go to the strip rotary function. main and rotary shift is labeled ‘not available’ and altview is labeled ‘preamp gain/trim’. Logic because there are no main busses so pan and sub are not used. But when i look at the Main dropdown box i can select pream gain/ trim and direct out level. Now when i select gain trim, the rotary knob changes to gain trim. wich is Ok. But now i have to press rotary shift to change the effect level wich i don’t like. the rotary knob should change function to effect level when i pres on the effect mix button. Like it does when i use it in my other FOH setup.
    The thing is i can not change the rotary function back to normal ( not available ). Now i am stuck with the fact that the main function of the rotary is preamp gain and when i select effect mix i have to select rotary shift to change the send level. I just didn’t safe anything and reloaded the FOH show and it is back to normal.As long as i don’t change the rotry function. I think it is because there is no main bus because i do not have that problem on the other shows where there is al least LR .

kinda long

Lieven

T112/IDR48

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Any idea when 1.51 will be ready? As you can read in my “strips layout” thread, I need this softkey feature so no update for me yet…

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

Hi,

I Have found something strange in version 1.5. I was setting up the desk as a monitordesk so no main busses ( LCR,sub,M ). I Like my effectsends on rotary so i did changed them that way.when no mix button is pressed the rotary has no function.
    When i select the mix button for effect send i can adjust the send level with the rotary. OK so far. Now when i go to the strip rotary function. main and rotary shift is labeled ‘not available’ and altview is labeled ‘preamp gain/trim’. Logic because there are no main busses so pan and sub are not used. But when i look at the Main dropdown box i can select pream gain/ trim and direct out level. Now when i select gain trim, the rotary knob changes to gain trim. wich is Ok. But now i have to press rotary shift to change the effect level wich i don’t like. the rotary knob should change function to effect level when i pres on the effect mix button. Like it does when i use it in my other FOH setup.
    The thing is i can not change the rotary function back to normal ( not available ). Now i am stuck with the fact that the main function of the rotary is preamp gain and when i select effect mix i have to select rotary shift to change the send level. I just didn’t safe anything and reloaded the FOH show and it is back to normal.As long as i don’t change the rotry function. I think it is because there is no main bus because i do not have that problem on the other shows where there is al least LR .

update: when i set the main rotary function as direct out instead of preamp gain and press the effect send mix button then the rotary knob changes to send level as supposed.Although i would like the option to set the rotary button to no function when no mix button is pressed. That is not possible now. Not a problem when there is LR and the default is PAN.

kinda long

Lieven

T112/IDR48

T112/IDR48

antonyja
    Participant

Hi Lieven,

It is possible to change the main function to Direct Output, and then your send on rotaries will not need to be shifted. If the main function is set to PreAmp/Trim then this has to be the non-shifted function due to limitations of the LCD (Gain can only be shown on the bottom scale). The other option we could implement would be to give the option to set the main rotary function to “None” – would this be more satisfactory for you?

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen and Heath Limited

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Antonya,

I found out about the main setting direct output ( edited my post yesterday ). In fact it is not a problem when direct level is displayed when no mix button is pressed. The strange thing is that when I have pan on the lower and sub on the upper scale ( my normal FOH setting) and i select my mix send effect button the rotary knop change to send level without the need to select rotary shift. So i would expect that when i have preamp on the lower scale ( my MON setup ) and i select mix send effect button, the rotary button should change also to my mix send level. that’s not the case now.
    It does so when direct out level is on the lower scale. Why this difference?

If it is possible the main function ‘None’ would be handy.

Lieven

T112/IDR48

antonyja
    Participant

Hi Lieven,
    Some monitor engineers want to have access to their PreAmps whilst mixing to the Auxes, and this allows them to do both on the rotary, unforunately the PreAmp can’t be the shifted function. We don’t allow access to Direct Out level whilst mixing to an Aux as the LCD would display “Lev” for both scales, without any indication of which is which. I’ll put the “None” function on the list for future versions.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen and Heath Limited

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hello,

I did find another strange thing when saving EQ curves. I noticed that if you have a curve saved and you adjust something only slightly it isn’t saved. For example 63HZ who is just out off center: light off. you pusch the sel button so light goes on. You overwrite. Recall ,63Hz goes off center and light off.Although When you make a big ajustment it is saved.

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a strange one i noticed with the sinus generator
    once you start it it is set to 440hz then you fiddle around with it
    and never reach 440 again (i managed to get 443)maybe a “numerical” input option from the keyboard could help…

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of FruifsGrourry
    FruifsGrourry
    Participant

Hey Guys! Just wanted to say hello to the new community :). Thanks for letting me in! :D

Profile photo of schaibaa
    schaibaa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FruifsGrourry

Hey Guys! Just wanted to say hello to the new community :). Thanks for letting me in! :D

Just curious, what made you decide to make your first post in a thread that’s a year old?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.