Linking Mixracks with Ace A Connection

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Linking Mixracks with Ace A Connection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jasonmiller77 jasonmiller77 14 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jasonmiller77
    jasonmiller77
    Participant

I have an iDR48 right next to an iLive 112T at FOH. We are getting ready to add an iDR32 on stage to mix monitors on a PC. We don’t need any of the I/O’s on the surface since the mix rack is at FOH. Is there a way to link the iDR48 to the iDR32 using the Ace A ports? Can I transport a full 64 channels each direction?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Aren’t you already using the A port to connect the surface to the mix rack? My understanding is that the ACE A network is handling mainly control data and the local audio, pafl etc that goes to/from the surface. Thats only 16 channels from surface inputs, 12 channels to the surface outputs, plus PAFL mix. I think you need the port B expansion card to add the iDR32 for a totally independent monitor mix. Correct me if I’m wrong someone.
    Stix

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi,

Jason is correct that it would be technically possible to use the ACE port like this (and use an ordinary Ethernet link for control). However, Port B is designed for this purpose, ACE option cards are < 500 UKP, (and the UI works!). We are unlikely to support ACE port for this purpose as it confuses the UI too much.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen and Heath Limited

Profile photo of jasonmiller77
    jasonmiller77
    Participant

We are planning to use an ethersound card in the expansion output on our iDR48 to link to a console and recording equipment on the other end of our building. Those cards are much more expensive than the ACE cards, so I was hoping to use the ACE A connection on both racks to save some money. It would also allow more flexibility in routing.

Jason

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.