jamming buttons

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions jamming buttons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of przemko przemko 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

hi,

I just figured out (after first show made) that my iLive T112 controller has at least 8 buttons that are not coming back into original position after pressing.

Even if I could live with that, if other sound engineers would be working on my iLive desk, there would be a problem – the problem involves layer changing buttons (B, C…) and GEQ fader flip.

What should I do ? The console is brand new, on the warranty.

best regards

Przemko

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

Hi Przemko,
    As there are several buttons sticking, my guess is that during shipping the pcb has shifted slightly or the chassis has twisted. This will cause the button tops to bind in the cutouts.
    Whatever the problem, contact A&H. The support from the guys there is second to none.
    Cheers,
    Darren.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

The same problem here, layer button(one for now )stays down after pressing. T112 is one week new. I don’t wont to send it back already.
    I will report if it’s the button or the cut out. If it’s the button there are two possibilities : it get worse or it goes away because its new.

Lieven

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Please contact tech support on this.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

I looked at it and it is not the cutout.It looks like the outershell of the switch is somewhat bent inwards so there is less room for the button to move. I will email support

Lieven

Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by robc

Please contact tech support on this.

Hi,

I contacted Polish distributors on this. They told me to bring the console to them, so they sould position the PCB. I did not took a look inside, so it is hard to say how the buttons are built.

best regards

Przemko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.