Registration woes

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Registration woes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidha davidha 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of User
    User
    Participant

The registration page for this forum is a mess.

First, if you enter a bad value in the ‘security image’ text field, do you get a nice friendly message telling you to retry? No, you get sent directly to Google!

Picture 1.png

My god that’s just what I wanted! How did it know…??

Secondly, if I enter some other detail incorrectly, when the form reloads the age section shows some totally random and inconsistent states:

Picture 2.png

Oh look, the other fields have disappeared. And somehow it ended up like this as well:

Picture 3.png

The two other fields are disabled. To enable them I have to select a *new* year, then change it back to the old one.

I know you didn’t design this software but it’s still a problem. And I’ll be honest, as a software developer it looks like you’ve chosen the cheapest and nastiest forum software you could find.

If you want users to really use this thing and give feedback, the barrier to entry has to be as low as possible. I almost gave up myself.

Mike

Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    I think, you never tryied to register on one of polish HiFi forums (:
    The procedure is much more complicated (with bigger number of random errors) and finally, when you finish the site informs you, that you can write your first post after one week. Now you’re passive.
    Head up!
    Best regards,
    ZiKE

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Ok – But this is not a Polish Hifi Forum and I would like to think that it has nothing in commen with just that.

I did not like the registration either.

Profile photo of davidha
    davidha
    Participant

Yeah, We’ve had sooo many problems with spam. We’ll take a look asap and see if we can fix some of those issues…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.