Mute automation

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mute automation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CareyD CareyD 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi,
    is it possible to save snapshots containing only channel MUTE states? Or making fader level safe from recalling with snapshot?

I need to do only MUTE automation, faders should not be recalled.

Best regards,
    ZiKE

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

In the save options you can select what options to save within a scene,just de select the faders from this menu that may work for you.
    Though for chapter and verse Carey would be your man to answer this more fully.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I also want to be able to do that – but I don’t think it can be done with current firmware – yet. See my old post about this and A&H’s reply here: https://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/395413/22964/?srch=ilive#msg_395413.

I’m hoping this will be a feature that is added as currently you can’t store just the mute states from the automation save options. In the scene save manager if you hit “edit” and and remove everything except “input channel mixer” (select it and update the scene) then when you next save that scene it will store mutes – but will also store all other input mix settings – fader levels, pan, gain, assignments, Aux sends etc. I consider this a major pain in the A!
    Come on A&H – give us some more options here! I would like to be able to store just mutes, or just fader settings, or just aux changes between scenes without a total input mixer recall. Other digital consoles can do this so come on iLive! Perhaps I have missed something and there is a way to do this? Anyone? At the moment I think we are limited to the 16 DCA groups which can be used as mute groups.
    Stix

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I haven’t tried this, but another way would be to setup a DCA that is always muted. Then save a scene with the assignements to that DCA.
    When you want to mute the channel, just assign it to the muted DCA and save the scene.

Not as nice as saving the mutes directly, but it should work.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah thanks Toby – I had also worked that out as an option however the DCA assignments are still stored with the input mixer – fader levels etc will still all get recalled so you may as well just use the channel mute switches! Back to square one with no separate mutes! Hey – saw your iDR32 rack set up pic’s on your other post. Looks good but your rack must be very deep? I need to get a shock mount case for my IDR48 rack – where do you get yours from/made in NZ? Cheers
    Richard
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    New Zealand

Profile photo of Mika-Jokela
    Mika-Jokela
    Participant

I was also wondering this..https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=832
    This is for also pain in the ass.. It’s pretty difficult to program anything for live show…
    Hope it changes in new firmware.

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

You can now work with just Mutes in the Scenes. Just Edit the Scene, open the left hand Mutes Levels & Assignments item, select Input Channel Mixer and choose to add the Mute item to the Scene. In a similar way you could work with just fader levels, sends or DCA assignments. This applies to input channels only. We have just introduced this with version 1.5 firmware. Hope that helps ~

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.