CUSTOM STRIP LAYOUT IN EDITOR

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions CUSTOM STRIP LAYOUT IN EDITOR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 14 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Last night i did a show with Taio Cruz… a simple enough show, 1x Radio mic and 1x Stereo CD input. L+R outs and a Stereo IEM mix.

So as space was tight in the club i decided to just use the mixrack and a couple of wireless laptops.

The soundcheck went great, the ability to walk upto the stage and chat with the artist and make minute changes remotely is still kinda novel to most folk so it got quite a good audience.

So after soundcheck i muted, Archived my show, which only had a single scene and closed the laptop down.

30 mins before the show i open my laptop up and reconnect to mixrack only to find ALL of my custom strip had been restored to factory default.

So i changed it back (only took a few mins as i only had a couple of faders, a DCA and a single reverb return)

I saved the scene and also archived the show and restarted the laptop to see if it would lose the layout again…. it did.

Just wondering how you save the custom layouts, i imagine it would have been a nightmare if i had more than a few custom strips and they were lost.

Cheers
    Graham

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Graham.
    Unlike the Surface, the Editor does not remember its virtual settings when you power it down. This is only an issue when you connect to ‘MixRack only. Obviously most of the ‘mixer’ settings are held in the MixRack so Editor will not lose these.

The ‘MixRack only’ virtual strip assignments are created in Editor and held on the PC, not in the MixRack. As the PC does not remember these settings you need to store them as a Scene after assigning them or before you power down, then recall that Scene on Editor when you reboot the program.

Store just the ‘Strip Assignments’ to this Scene. This means you will not overwrite any other mix settings when you recall the Scene. Also be careful not to overwrite any Scene currently stored using the Surface. Find a Scene number not used for anything else and allocate this as your Editor strip Scene.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need further help with this.
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Just 1 question – what exactly is meant by “custom strip”?

Does that mean that you loose your personell layout everytime you power down?

Using iLive T112 and IDR32

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

custom strip is the layout you made – the channel strips you named
    set the colours and placed `em on the surface
    every show i make / prepare i make two “layouts” one for the computer
    and one for the surface (in my case the 144 ) as i often use my laptop
    on stage for monitoring the layout is different to what i want to see on the console….
    i did a example show for a friend who recieved his system these days..

http://www.megapeng.com/public/centronics.rar

it contains a example show for the t system prepared to run 24 inputs as foh channels and the next 24 as monitor channels
    too there is a explaining pdf but only in german…

ps- the surface (console) always remembers its layout
    but not the editor (computer)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.