Aux pre/post source

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Aux pre/post source

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ryanlantzy ryanlantzy 15 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ryanlantzy
    ryanlantzy
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how I change the source of the auxes from post EQ/gate/comp/limit in the iLive PC software?

The block diagram shows this as a setting, but I can’t find it anywhere in the software.

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I believe to do this, you will select the ‘mix’ button under the aux you want to change. Then go to the source strip and click on the button at the top of the strip you labeled ‘post’ and it will change to ‘pre’. I hope thats what you were looking for.

ryanlantzy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by KB7981

I believe to do this, you will select the ‘mix’ button under the aux you want to change. Then go to the source strip and click on the button at the top of the strip you labeled ‘post’ and it will change to ‘pre’. I hope thats what you were looking for.

Actually, that is not what I’m looking for. The Pre/Post setting per channel, per aux is only to set pre or post fader.

From the looks of the block diagram and after further investigation, the setting for pre/post EQ/gate/comp/limit are controlled globally by the direct out setting. Which is unfortunate.

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

With the current version of Editor software you cannot change the Aux source setting using just the PC. This function will become available with a new release of Editor software.

For now, you need to use a surface to change the Aux source. This is done using the ROUTING screen and selecting the MIX key of the Aux master strip. Select the source from the drop down menu on the right of the screen. This setting applies to all sends to that Aux. You can have different settings for the different Aux mixes.

The Aux source is not affected by the setting of the global Direct Output option.
    Hope that helps,
    Carey

ryanlantzy
    Participant

setting per aux is better than global I suppose, but I think this should still be selectable per channel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.