Some questions relating to the 112T….

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Some questions relating to the 112T….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PaulBag101 PaulBag101 15 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

1. Can i plug a USB hub into one of the USB sockets and plug a mouse/keyboard in?

2. Is the use of a larger external touchscreen be used?

3. The input sockets on the surface are “line” inputs right?

4. Is there a guide to getting the system running with a wifi router plugged in to the mixrack alongside a wireless tablet pc? Im aware there has to be strict IP address assignments otherwise this wont work (?)

Cheers
    Graham

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Graham, I believe the hub will be fine, I havent tried one, but my keyboard has a hub built into it and it works fine (also charges my iPOD)

The use of a larger touchscreen CAN be used, although I have found it not all that necessary.

The input sockets on the surface are LINE LEVEL

There are guides in hooking up the router, Its in the surfaces (utilities) menu

however its pretty simple, everything has a static IP address, you just address the tablet to what you want to control (always use the IP address of the mix rack) I believe that is 192.168.1.1 or 1.2, etc..

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Graham. To add to what Mike said.

You can use a mouse and keyboard but you still need to apply the name using the touchscreen as you have already found out. Enabling or hiding the mouse pointer is done using the USB keyboard F1 and F2 keys.

The firmware currently has drivers to support one type of external touchscreen, the 15″ G Vision. We can provide more details on this if you need it.

The T surface inputs are line input as Mike confirms. They have a +/-24dB Trim control in place of the usual channel Gain control. The surface outputs are line level (+4dBu on the jacks and 0dBu on the RCA phonos).

The Readme Notes (Help) that comes with the Editor software detail the recommended network IP addressing to get your laptop and router to work with the iLive. You can connect to either just the MixRack or to both the MixRack and Surface from the log in screen. Connecting to the rack plus surface means you see and work with the same strip layout and Scene contents as the surface. However, connecting to just the MixRack means you can choose and set up a ‘virtual’ strip layout not affected by the surface.

Connecting to MixRack only has the benefit of more independence for the monitor engineer as he can work with his own layout. It is also recommended if you want control backup if you lost power at the surface for some reason.

Let me know if you want more on this, but we are writing a series of info sheets to describe aspects such as these. Should be posted on our web site soon.
    All the best,
    Carey

Profile photo of PaulBag101
    PaulBag101
    Participant

Hey Carey.

You mention Connecting to the MixRack only with iLive Editor as supplying more independence for Monitor Engineer.

“Connecting to MixRack only has the benefit of more independence for the monitor engineer as he can work with his own layout”

Does this mean the monitor Engineer could work Simultaneously on monitors while the FOH Engineer runs FOH Mixes without encoutering Conflicts?
    or would we still have to take turns?

PaulBag
    Void if Removed

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Paul.
    Yes, the monitor and FOH engineers can both carry out different tasks at the same time. The surface at FOH and the laptop on stage both communicate with the MixRack via Ethernet. With a lot of network traffic you may notice things slow down a little every now and again if you are both doing process hungry tasks, for example a split second freeze of the meters or a ‘System Busy’ meesage on the PC for a moment, but this is generally not a problem and only happens ocassionally.

You do not have to ‘take turns’ to carry out your tasks. Connecting Editor to the MixRack only does give you more independence because you can arrange a ‘vitual’ strip layout different to that of the FOH Surface.
    Let me know if you want more info on this.
    All the best,
    Carey

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Hey Carey,

I’ve taken the 112T on a couple of shows so far and all has been well.

Everytime i take it out though it raises more and more questions….

Last week i created a show and saved all the channel eq’s and input channels to a library thinking that this would save a lot of time next time i started out with a blank show.

So yesterday i got to a gig and setup up the desk with a different show only when i came to soundcheck i thought it would take me a few seconds to recall, say a kick drum channel library (preamp, gate, eq) i went to recall it and there was nothing there to recall (?)

This was the same with some nice FX presets i had created but could not find to recall.

Also i set scenes for each band and after the first band i needed to set a recall safe on one of the input channels (the announcers radio mic) and i couldnt figure out how to do this, i just had to recall the scene when the mic wasnt being used and then quickly ‘unmute’ the radio mic asap.

During the last band i decided to pack the console down and work off my computer….. I tell you this made many of the house guys do a double-take and come and take a look at the software running wirelessly on my laptop. Kudos to A+H for such an easy to implement feature!
    This got me thinking though…. So long as there is no audio being connected to the surface surely there must be a way to make the surface work wirelessly via the network port and a 2nd router?

One thing that would be nice as a suggestion for the next version of firmware is for an option for the laptop editor to “follow” what you are doing on the surface…. there were a few times when i hit the meters button on the surface or the fx button and i could have done with the laptop screen giving me an overview and then i could have entered delay times easier using the laptop keyboard.

it would also be nice to have an overview screen for “All Comps” or “All Gates” just like the Yamaha M7CL.

Graham

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Graham, some of those things actually are in the software.

Their is global metering of all the gates and compressors and limiters, on each screeen within the software there are global meters,

To the right of the screen is a view window for DSP.

choices ALL, GATES, EQ’s, etc.

this doesnt do a global window view, but does only show that particular DSP function when you select a channel.

Profile photo of PaulBag101
    PaulBag101
    Participant

Hey Thanks for that Carey.

um.. for our situation the monitor Engineer ONLY mixes directly into AUX’s (never touches EQ’s or anything like that only Mixes the AUX’s)this shouldn’t cause cause system to slow down should it?

PaulBag
    Void if Removed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.