editor copy/ paste main mix

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions editor copy/ paste main mix

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

this is it,
    i can copy the whole fader mix on aux buses but not
    the main mix…..
    my setup:
    i have several scenes done (10 stereo inear moni mixes 1 auxiliary for stereo recording) the mixer is therfore split into 32 foh channels and 32 monitor channels all this works great.

now i have allready several scenes (such as gtr solo, horn solo, roomy mix, instrumental(no vox) e.t.c.)
    but the main mix is not done yet so i take one scene, make a main mix
    and want to copy it to the several scenes i ve done so far ( right mouse on the main fader -copy like i did it with the auxes) i believe it must be the fact that the main mix (left right sub) are separate channells, i do have em “gangled” maybe thats the reason…
    hints welcome

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Dave.
    Copy and Paste is for copying between similar data, not between scenes. You can copy the PEQ of one channel to the PEQ of other channels, or copy an Aux mix into other Aux mixes, for example as a starting point for creating monitors.

There is only one Main mix, so Copy has no function in this case. However, you can possibly do what you want using a different method:

Once you have set up your mix and want to put it into the scenes you have already created, you can update just the ‘Mixers’ item in the scene contents. To do this, touch the Edit button to open up the Scene Contents page. Open up the ‘Mixers’ tree in the right hand window. Touch the ‘Input Channel Mixer’ to highlight this item. Now touch Update in the middle of the screen. This will update just that item with the current settings. Do this for each scene.

Note that the ‘Input Channel Mixer’ contains all 64 channels of faders, mutes, aux sends, routing and DCA assignments. That means it updates your main mix as well as sends to the FX and monitors. The ability to update smaller parts of the ‘Input Mixer’, for example just the fader levels will become available in a future release of firmware.
    I hope that helps,
    Carey

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

thats exactly what i needed thank you very much!!!!

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.