new esa channels in editor free/assignable?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions new esa channels in editor free/assignable?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 15 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

ME AGAIN…
    In the output assign (on my computer) i can actually assign ESA outputs from channel 33 to 62 although on the touch screen in the same window (output assign) there is “only” channel 33 visible, is this meant to be like this? i dont have a ethersoundcard in my computer so i cant veryfy
    if it is working..

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Dave if you hi-light the ESA window with the number 33 in it, then using the encoder wheel you can change the channel number (I assume up to 62 I only checked to 48 ish)then assign whatever you want to it.
    Well you can on the desk I have out in the W/Shop at the moment.
    Hope this helps

Mr. B.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

correct me if i am wrong-
    now i could record 32 tracks to a ethersound card?(direct out routed to these asa`s?)

cheers
    dave

algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Think that needs someone with a far better brain than me to answer. However the way I understand it is, if you use the ES”A” channels that the mix rack uses any changes you make to the desk show up on the recorded versions? by using ES”B” you can just get the result of the gain of the Pre amp/A-D and not the rest of the functions EQ dynamics etc. But as I said this is a bit advanced in the recording dept for me I could be completely wrong!!!. Maybe if Carey spots this he could enlighten you.
    Mr B.

Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi Mumu,
    as I know for now, 34 of 64 ESA channels are reserved for audio connections between Mixracka and the Surface. Channels from 1 to 32 are transmitting audio signals from in/out cards and channels 63 and 64 are used as a PFL line. So only 30 of them are free to assign.
    But it is possible in some way to use 62 channels, but I don’t remember how I did it. I had to use two iLives, one with ESA and ESB and the second with only ESA. I split 62 signals through Ethersound.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi again,
    I’ve just remembered how I’ve done it.
    You have to install 4 input cards in the Surface. Those 32 channels will be transmited over ESA as channels from 1 to 32 as a signal directly after gain. Other 30 channels you can route as a directs outs on ES channels from 33 to 62. In this way you can use 62 channels for recording via Ethersound.
    Best regards,
    ZiKE

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Dave.
    As Mr B says, simply touch the number box to highlight it, then turn the rotary encoder to scroll through the numbers. You can assign channels 33 to 62 on the ESA network. 1 to 32 are used for the four option cards on the rear of the surface, and 63/64 transport the PAFL monitor signal to the surface. That gives you 30 additional channels you can send along the ESA network, for example to an EtherSound recorder or to EtherSound break out boxes to give you analogue or other digital feeds to a multitrack recorder.

For each of the ESA 33-62 channels you can assign its source from the OUTPUTS screen. You have many choices including channel direct outputs, mix outputs and also mixrack inputs (the signal immediately after the preamp, typically used for live multitrack recording).
    Hope that helps,
    Carey

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey guys iwas away for two weeks
    thanks for your help[:)]

cheers
    dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.