Suggestions for 1.5

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Suggestions for 1.5

This topic contains 31 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 14 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

I have now updated to V1.42 – thank you for the improvements.

May I also say that I really appreciated the email and fast professional response regarding the problem with V1.40 – fantastic thank you!

In the previous threat I think there a few good suggestions that you are working on at the moment. There is however a couple things that should be on the “should be improved” list as apposed the “wish list”.

When I’m using the rotary encoder in some menu applications – it’s touchy, it moves too fast and is hard to stop at the right place or settings.

Also I love the idea of sends on rotaries; it makes the jump from analogue to digital so easy. My issue is that encoder steps are 1.5 dB – this is too much for fine tunning monitor levels. Could you make it 0.5 dB?

Regards

Peter

Peter

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

What would realy be nice in the editor 1.5 is a setup screen for the auxes where you can set them global pre or post.
    It takes quit some time to manualy set 64 channel pre/post on 32 aux mixes. The auxes are default post. It is possible on the surface.

Thanks

Lieven

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

I would like to have a 6 band full parametric EQ (without frequency restrictions) in the FX section for corporate events / speech microphones.
    Mix EQ should have a low cut up to 400 Hz like input channels. (would be solved by an insert EQ)

I’d like to have compressors and limiters post mix fader to make mixes safe.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of New-User
    New-User
    Participant

I´d like to have

– Tapkey (Delay of Tapdelay) on User Defined Key
    – (Auto-)Select follows Fader (Selection by fadermovement)

in a following Update.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a advanced scene manager:

one window where i have all my stored scenes (incl subfolders)

second window “the active scene window” where i can drag n drop my stored scenes, keeping the names.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

Audio should not be muted when adjusting the delay times – its annoying and makes it very hard to get the delaytime right.

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I renew my suggestions, but after the 1.42 now the list is a little bit smaller: ;-)

– dynamics sidechain: self key´d pre/post EQ, and from other channels/mixes
    – multi-channel gain reductions overview, as meters in one screen (I called this the “dynamics overview”)
    – output-limiter POST-fader
    – RTA level adjust
    – easier “0”-position for single EQ gains (PEQ)
    – gate with expander-function
    – faster scene memory

new effects:
    – frequency shifter
    – distortion ;-)

Profile photo of nojunk
    nojunk
    Participant

just an idea:[:I]
    what about 3rd party plug-ins like waves? I personally own several (50+) and used them very frequently on PT…

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Scrolling channel name characters… 5 letters is not enough.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

all the windows containing a list ,such as scene manager fex library e.t.c. , should have a resizable window

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of PaulBag101
    PaulBag101
    Participant

I know this has been brought up Before and I’m not sure if it’s been answered but in a future Firmware update. Could we please have an Auto-Select Following Fader (or at have it as an option similar to the wy you can select addative or solo PAFL). I’ve lost count of the times I’ve jumped over to an inputs fader brough up the channel then started EQ it without Checking If I had Selected the Channel (So Annoying)

Also as a question I’ve notice on the Physical surface (iLive 80) theres an Idicate in the PreAmp Section for a (-24 +24) Digital Trim Feature but I’ve been throught the all menus and Can’tfind it anywhere,
    What’s the go there is there a Digital Trim Option?

PaulBag
    Void if Removed

Profile photo of PaulBag101
    PaulBag101
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by New-User

I´d like to have

– Tapkey (Delay of Tapdelay) on User Defined Key
    – (Auto-)Select follows Fader (Selection by fadermovement)

in a following Update.

Yes Please I know I’ve already requested Auto-Select following Fader
    But using a Tapkey for your delays would be Shaaaweeeet [:D]

PaulBag
    Void if Removed

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

It would be useful to be able to assign the wedge and IEM output levels to a PL6 fader.

Regards,
    Marc

Profile photo of bock
    bock
    Participant

How about the followings –
    1. An <Option> button under preference to allow globally set all mix send (auxes, fx, etc) either via rotary or fader. At the moment, mix send is by default via fader. To change this to rotary will need to set at every mix send, can be time consuming and prone to mix up.
    2. An idiot proof start up template (plug and play) for 1st time user, using a basic analouge board example like:
    Left Bank 1st Layer- All input channels
    Middle Bank 1st Layer- 4 Auxes, 4 Grps
    Right Bank 1st Layer- 4 mtx, Mains
    3. Start up template to come with Stereo channel inputs already properly configured (may be the last 8 channels) and only having standardised surface stereo layouts. 1st time iLive users can get confused on why one stereo channel is shown eg IP63/64 on one surface stereo channel layout and another stereo channel as occupying 2 surface stereo channels as IP61 and IP62.

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

Just one more:

Metering is sometimes not sensible enough. That may apply to a lav. channel I want to check (mic still on?). So I could use some -10db more on the bottom side of the metering.

Regarding the EQ, this is a real problem at the moment when doing corporate shows.
    I tend to ring out microphones with the PEQ, using 6-8 bands of EQ.
    When I use a group I have 8 bands of PEQ (channel plus group) but limited frequency frames.
    GEQ is not helpful as the frequencies I want to notch out are rarely on the GEQ grid.
    Same goes for output.

So either an insert PEQ (with high Q possible) or the GEQ switchable to 6 or more bands of PEQ would be nice.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.