Editor Multiple/Range selection don’t work

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor Multiple/Range selection don’t work

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of degloer
    degloer
    Participant

Using Editor v1.32 I cannot get the Multiple selection function – hold the CTRL Key while selecting – to work. The same is true for the Range selection function. What am I doing wrong? XP SP3 with the latest fixes.

Dale Gloer
    Volunteer Technical Assistant
    Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Dale I think you will find it is the Shift key not the Ctrl key which needs to be held for multiple select, well it does in the version of the editor I currently have.
    My version also comes up with an option screen when I first start the editor to allow me to select sytem set up etc.

Hope this helps
    Mr B.

Profile photo of degloer
    degloer
    Participant

According to the help file in the editor, multiple selections can be made while holding the CTRL key, and Range selections can be made holding the SHIFT key. Neither work for me. I should have been more clear in my original post.

I get an Option screen on start up too but it doesn’t affect how the editor starts if I always chose the same size desk.

I see that v1.4 is available today – I’ll give it a try.

Dale Gloer

Profile photo of degloer
    degloer
    Participant

Still the same in v1.4

Dale Gloer

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

The Shift and Ctrl keys work only in strip and color mode.
    in I/O mode you can use the range button to make multiple selects.

It would be nice to be able to set the AUX mixes globaly to post or pre in the editor. I know you can do that on the surface but with 30 mixes and 64 channels it takes some time in the editor.
    maybe with copy and paste in mix assign ( so you only have to make one mix pre/post manualy and copy them to the rest of the mixes.)Or with a mix setup menu screen where all the mixes can be set to pre or post

Lieven

Profile photo of degloer
    degloer
    Participant

I re-read the Editor Help and it is clearer in v1.4 that the multiple selections only work for Strip and Colour mode.

And the RANGE button only applies to the output modules in I/O mode – I have found no way to make multiple selections for input modules. Which brings up two questions – how do you unpatch an input? and how do you assign two inputs defined as stereo in the I/O screen to a single strip? Maybe I should post 2 new questions.

Dale Gloer

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Dale,

There are two ways to asign a preamp to a input channel. the fast way is to open I/O in setup mode. That shows your inputs/outputs screen. than you simply click and hold an input from the I/O screen an drag it to the desired inputchannel. You can asign the same I/O to multiple input channels.If you click on an I/O, the already patched input channels wil lit up yellow. The second way is to press select on an input channel ( make sure you are in setup mode: none ) this will bring up the process select screen for that channel. Select preamp. there you can in source select assign ( or unassign) the input to your preamp . Here you can again assign multiple input channels tot the same preamp.

Hope this helps

Lieven

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.