Battery Backup??

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Battery Backup??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave-Hartman
    Dave-Hartman
    Participant

Have recently purchased a 144 setup and was looking for your recommendations on a UPS, is it needed?? Dealing with power sequencing and the iLive in a installation.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Don’t know if it is reccomended Dave, but to be honest I use one for the surface and another for the mix rack. I just got two cheap stand alone units cost me about £35 each, just in case some fool kicks a plug out somewhere. saves waiting for a re-boot. I know another owner has 2 fancy rack-mount UPS units one installed in the rack with the iDR10 (non standard rack) the other in a rack at FOH with the fibre switch he uses for comms between the rack and the surface.
    Can’t do any harm now can it.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

two little UPS, this is a good idea!

must be the type “Online-UPS”?
    or is a “Line-interactive-UPS” OK?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

HI Wolfgan I believe it only makes sense if the units are “On Line” as you need seamless changeover to back-up.
    The cheap units I use are by a company called Trust, these units I believe are made in Holland.(www.trust.com/14938) The model number is PW-4095T 950VA UPS. I believe this unit has sufficient capacity to run a rack with two supplies or a surface + back up PSU
    I know other guys use APC and they all work fine I am sure.
    I purchased my units (I have them on the office PC’s as well)through CPC/Farnell but again I am sure the same or simmilar units are available through local suppliers. The down side of these particular units is they are NOT rack mount but I live with that.
    Mr. B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.