Naming strips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 15 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

I’ve run into a little problem naming channel strips.
    No problems with input strips, however Dca’s, aux’s don’t seem to give the name editing option on the surface. I have been using the laptop to name these strips.
    The surface allows me to change colours but the “name” section of the screen is not appearing.
    Darren

Profile photo of havana
    havana
    Participant

Since your in Australia, you most probably got your ilive from TAG. Why don’t you give them a call and ask for Silvio Miconi. His the tech guy at TAG.[:)]

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Make sure you have not got Block Assign selected, done this myself by accident. Felt pretty stupid about it also my excuse is I am getting old.
    Ian B.

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

I think you nailed it Mr B, the years are treating you well!
    A little more on naming…

You can name and colour any channel, mix or DCA using the TouchScreen NAME & COLOUR screen. Make sure you have Single Strip Select active to name your individual strips. If Block Strip Select is active then you can colour a range of strips, but not name them (you would not name them all the same!). The NAME & COLOUR screen takes over the function of the strip SEL keys, so make sure you exit the screen once you are done otherwise you may wonder why you can’t access your channel processing using the SEL keys!

You can also name and colour input channels from their PREAMP screen after selecting them using the SEL key. You may find this more convenient than going to the NAME & COLOUR screen when working through your channels.

You can also name and colour your mix masters from their EXT INPUT screen after pressing the related SEL key. This is the same place as the PREAMP page of the input channel.

This means you can name and colour all your channels, masters and FX from the Surface, and you can name and colour all except the DCA masters and FX from within their normal SEL processing view.

Hope that helps.
    Seasons greetings and happy mixing in 2009!
    Carey

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

Make sure you have not got Block Assign selected, done this myself by accident. Felt pretty stupid about it also my excuse is I am getting old.
    Ian B.

Bingo ! Such an obvious thing to miss.
    At least I’m in good company with Ian, as I also feel pretty stupid about it. lol
    Darren

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Ah, if that were my only bit of stupidity, been in the wrong mix a few times as well. However It is still a great desk, the more I use it the more I like it.
    Ian B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.