suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey timo-i create channel names in (txt)files
    the quickest way (tools-import channel names in editor 1.53)
    the only thing i miss is to export em….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

hi dave,

nice idea. but could this not be a generelly way to name and colour the strip´s? i mean a tool in the editor that provides that and aditionally to edit the channel name “quick menu” of the surface.

then you even would have an export option…

geetings from hamburg, timo

sorry…
    i found the scene import and export menu in the editor…my fault!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Anyone from A&H know when we might see side chain/ducking options available? This has been requested by others and I have needed ducking capability on a couple of jobs now. I have a fashion show coming up where I need live mic’s to duck music levels and it seems incredible that this can’t be done on the iLive yet – or have I missed something?

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Stix

Ducking & Side chaining are both on the feature request list but not for 1.6 i’m afraid hopefully they can be implemented for 1.7 depending on demand & time.

Regards
    Sam A&H

selfmade
    Participant

demand should be not the problem i guess!
    chaining for dynamics is more than just an option, it´s a have to be in digital enviroments!

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Like i said before – i am desperatly looking forward that the Editor starts up as been shut down – as i am working a lot of with only the MixRack and the Editor (in fact i am always using the “surface” button in the editor to work with) its really not good that everytime i start up the editor i need to load an Scene.
    Whats behind that? The MixRack remembers the last scene before shutdown, but the editor dont? Can`t understand why this is so to be honsest. if i forgot to save the scene before i shut down i have to recall the old scene after start up – and everything is gone – thats not the best thing and needs to be changed in my eyes.

And of course an distortion and pitch-shifter effect along with the possibility to play and record on to an usb stick would be perfect.

selfmade
    Participant

hi albin,

i´m useing the “laptop with mixrack” option in the editor.

then you can set the mixrack independently from the surface and the editor!
    that works fine in the case of foh power is going down, but the mixrack´s still working. the editor starts up with the last settings of the mixrack. if the powers back on foh the surface starts with the last settings i´ve done with the laptop.

that works perfect, so why are you useing the “suface with mixrack” option in the editor?

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

No no – you misunderstood.
    I am using the button “Surface” in the Editor to work with – you know what i mean? The Strip Layout “Surface”.

Of course i start up with MixRack and Editor only…

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Albin

You could create your own custom user strip to work from this will be saved when you close the program.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Robert-Ritchie
    Robert-Ritchie
    Participant

It appears that a multiband compressor is a common ‘would like’ does anyone know if this is going to happen. And will it happen on the T series?

R Ritchie

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Albin

You could create your own custom user strip to work from this will be saved when you close the program.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Ah, ok – i will try this one!

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

The compressor would of course be nice, but for the guitar problem, couldn’t that be solved using matrix mixing instead? I mean, just use the FOH mix as the base and then put in the guitar channels separately to make them loud enough for the broadcast mix?

Seen that also here:
    https://www.slideshare.net/guest0fd8d6/live-matrix-mixing

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

a multiband/”mastering style” compressor for a rec/broadcast submix
    (stereo aux as output for broadcast)i did a little 10 years anyversary
    of a local radiostation the venue was club size (250 people) therefore not enough guitars on the foh masters (they where loud enough on stage).
    it worked pretty well we used a external mb comp but you know…

cheers
    dave

<i>Wouter</i>

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

The delay fx needs to have more options (or how about a fresh new delay effect?)

The addition of further options of types of BPM count, 1/4note, 1/2note etc etc should be added.

And yesterday when i was playing around on a gig, i thought it would be a good option if when naming a FX retn strip you had the option to ‘automatically’ rename the effect send to the same name.

And how about “block selecting” of the softkeys for easy bulk setup of say “Mix Sends on Fader” etc etc

how bout the send/return name loads automatically the effect name (delay, reverb e.t.c.)
    this or the loaded preset name (i know to many letters but anyway)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I would really appreciate multiselect on faders and some visual “selected fader(s)” indication.

So far, i noticed that you can move faders on the editor, by clicking them once and then using arrow-up and arrow-down (or page up and down for larger changes). Nice for minor changes in volume.

However, no indication which fader is actually “selected” ie, controlled by the arrows.

Once that were the case, why not implement fader multiselect (control-click for instance, or click and drag, to select all faders within the selection rectangle). That would be a good solution to control some faders that would otherwise be controlled separately, just like using moving some faders together on the surface.

Beside that:
    Also, my vote for scene fading for theater use.
    Ganging on the editor: how nice would it be if, while selecting the channels, the channel name were shown next to the channel number.

Wouter

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

How about soft key can be a multi DCA mute – we have all 16 DCAs allocated, so being able to allocate a softkey to mute DCAs 1-6 would be great.

I realise I could combine some DCAs so that I have one/some spare but if I don’t have to that would be nice.

I like the idea of a PL 24 button remote (would this be a softkey remote?)

We are still working on the best strip layouts for the T112 but its a great product, thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.