suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Would it be/is it possible to make it so that you can assign a stereo channel from any point, even on an even input? i.e. 1-3 = mono, 4+5 stereo, 6-11 mono, 12-13 stereo, 14 mono, 15-18 stereo…etc

Also mp3 playback off a usb via the fx channels would be good.

Profile photo of billkeown
    billkeown
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sound

quote:

Originally posted by billkeown

I’d like to see a user preference to associate a press of the mix button to the select and or pafl keys.

Have a look at the Touchscreen PAFL page.

Greetings,
    Walter

Thanks Walter, that does do what i’m looking for but if it were an option for PFL + Sel to follow the ‘Mix’ button it would be much more logical for mixing monitors.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

You can do that with the Channel Ganging function if you just want a Link, the actual Stereo channel assignment is a DSP assignment, You can actually even gang channels on different layers if you want with the ganging feature Thats Cool!!

quote:

Originally posted by Slammin

Would it be/is it possible to make it so that you can assign a stereo channel from any point, even on an even input? i.e. 1-3 = mono, 4+5 stereo, 6-11 mono, 12-13 stereo, 14 mono, 15-18 stereo…etc

Also mp3 playback off a usb via the fx channels would be good.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

ganging is very cool – much better than stereo linking,
    BUT i wonder (question to the team) how many gangings are possible?

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of dredrup
    dredrup
    Participant

There is a limit of 8 channels within a gang, and a total of 8 differnt sets of ganged chanels.

David A&H

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

My point is more that I don’t want to waste the ganging on doing something that could be done in the mix rack configuration (Surely its just a modification to the mix rack page?)

Profile photo of dredrup
    dredrup
    Participant

Bear in mind that changing stereo configuration is a much more intensive task than adding or removing channels to a gang. There is a lot of reconfiguration as a result of a stereo change, and is thus not suitable to do live. Changing how input channels are stereoed to allow non contiguous pairs seems unlikely.

David A&H

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

I just make it a habit in my show files before I leave out for a gig, to Max out all the DSP in the show file.

Weather or Not I use it, there is always a situation where I just need to “ADD the control strip to the surface”

I generally set my show up with

6 stereo inputs

then I have the combination of those phisical STEREO channels and the ganged channel possiblities.

What most people dont realize is the other digital companies out there when you do a stereo channel it is really just 2 linked channels.

NOT THE SAME

Profile photo of morgenstern
    morgenstern
    Participant

We will have different actors, moderators and referents with different mic’s
    Most of them 1 or 2 times per month.

Im looking for a recall for a complete channel,
    Including gain, gate, eq, compressor, limiter

A recall function for all parameters in the “select section” would be great.

Or Is there a other way? How can i “save” a complete channel to a library ?
    I can’t use a scene, I only want to recall one channel.

T112 / iDr-32

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

1. select the channel you want
    2. input library
    3. store new
    4. when you recall dont forget to activate “recall preamp”

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of morgenstern
    morgenstern
    Participant

upps, i think i was blind…
    thank’s for the hint to the “input library” in the upper right corner…
    [:I]

T112 / iDr-32

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

A greater Midi implementation – in particular midi access to the channel Mix, PAFL and possibly the select keys. This would allow an external midi controller to access these buttons which would be great when only using the editor software and no surface. If the editor software could also directly interface with midi hardware attached to a laptop then the midi connections would not need to be made to the mixrack or surface which should keep the laptop wireless ability while also using a midi controller.

Cheers
    Richard
    NZ
    iLiveT-112 / IDR48

Profile photo of italianrobot
    italianrobot
    Participant

i have just started demoing out a iLivet112 with a iDR48 and a few things that i would like to see are:
    1. A Mono+Sub Preset
    2. Ability to assign a Aux, Matrix or Fx Send to the “Rotary Shift” function to be able to have
    any one of those right there with the ease of that function.
    3. Dual surface running of the same iDR for simple FOH and Monitor Split setups.

So far thats all that i can think of. I’ll be demoing this setup till monday so I’ll let you guys know if i have any ideas

Profile photo of andylouder
    andylouder
    Participant

‘ real world input channel numbering ‘

This was an idea suggested by the house engineers at a London venue to another manufacturer of mixracks and surfaces and consequently included in a software upgrade.

Include analog style numbering of mixrack input channels.

Imagine the scenario , a patchmonkey is onstage , perhaps using analog sattelite boxes to the mixrack , or mixrack is located FOH with an analog multi. Patchmonkey yells across venue to FOH engineer ‘ Oi I am bumping 13 up to 26 for the support ‘ It is unlikely that habits will change and he is going to say ‘ excuse me the input for B5 is now in D3 ‘
    Perhaps another window could be added to the input select screen , eg:

B / 7 / (15)

or

C / 3 / (19)

Anybody else like this idea ?

T-112 / IDR 48 / v 1.51

Profile photo of Studio42
    Studio42
    Participant

I like your idea. I was just thinking the same thing myself when looking at the big IDR48 pictures. The whole bank concept is nifty, but, sometimes, when pressure mounts and things are moving fast in a festival change-over or a troubleshooting under pressure scenario, it can be a bit confusing.

I can quickly do the “math” in my head to ensure I land in the right spot, but I like my current stage box that is clearly labelled 1-56, appropriately.

I like the bank option better for outputs. That grouping makes a bit more sense to me.

Chris Pickett, Studio42 916-601-7089
    https://www.studio42.com
    Allen & Heath ML5000 48B and future iLive T112/IRD48 owner.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.