suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

It would be good if the midi spec could be updated to output channel MIX, PAFL, plus SEL keys and if possible to send all current settings (Fader levels, mutes, switch settings etc) when scenes are recalled?
    When working with a laptop this would allow quick channel selection/pafl etc using an external midi controller device.
    Also midi support for the channel encoders would be good[:)]
    I have set up a custom midi device (has moving faders) as a controller for levels,mutes and scene recalls however being able to access the Mix/PAFL/Sel keys over MIDI and to have scene settings recalled would make it just awesome!

Does anyone know if the mixrack MIDI in/out can be accessed directly over the ACE network from a Laptop running suitable Midi to Lan software such as ethernetmidi?

Cheers

iLive T112/iDR48. The more I use it the more I love it!

Profile photo of billkeown
    billkeown
    Participant

A quick suggestion from my experience of iLive and various other digital consoles.

It would be really nice to me if there was a user preference for automatically de-select after a set time period. For example when mixing i might want to alter an eq on a bass di, but for some reason don’t select an input strip and end up re eqing the main vocal, things like this can be easily done when the pressure is on and you start rushing.. but if for example there was an ‘auto cancel’ on strip selects after 15/30/60 seconds of no encoder activity, then you’d be forced to press the appropriate select button before making changes.

On another note, our t-80 and idr32 was delivered on thursday. It has done 2 shows this weekend, both with me at the helm and GOSH it sounds really good, and i’m already confident with it. I think there is some work to be done from my perspective about prefered layouts, but that will come with time.

Thanks A&H!

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

If i understand right, you want sel to auto cancel after a time period.
    Some nonitor engineers will find that really scary. They sometimes just want to park on a channel and have instant access, not worry about if it might auto cancel.
    Making it a mode may work – but then it gets compex maybe for new users to know whats going on.

worth thinking about more though as a mode ?

billkeown
    Participant

Yes, I’m a monitor engineer first and that would frustrate me massively on the stage. There are just certain times when it would be a good function, even if it were buried deep in a menu.

I did say at the top of the post about it being a user preference though, it just wasn’t too clear, I was written late in the day after a really long weekend.

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by robc

If i understand right, you want sel to auto cancel after a time period.
    Some nonitor engineers will find that really scary. They sometimes just want to park on a channel and have instant access, not worry about if it might auto cancel.
    Making it a mode may work – but then it gets compex maybe for new users to know whats going on.

worth thinking about more though as a mode ?

Definitely worth a thought imho, not only for monitor work.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

PS: Is there any inside opinion on notch filters and post fader and keyable dynamics?

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

“PS: Is there any inside opinion on notch filters and post fader and keyable dynamics?”

as idea : deessing right after the pre-amp
    (deess BEFORE you push the “s es” with the compressor)

having the deess notch going down to 80 hz would help with badly balanced instruments such as e bass, cellos, double basses e.t.c.

it would help on both issues (you almost never need to dees and lower frq notch on the same channel and it would be one button for both purposes,just an idea

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

cool ideas.
    we will put them on the list.
    need to see how the de-esser transient behaviour is down at 80Hz.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

two new ones:1. as mentioned before; a speaker simulator (based on impulse responses) as effect-example: yesterday i had three acoustic guitars on the (outdoors) show,setting microphones (besides the pickups)was no option coz we had quiet strong wind, several times in my studio i had good results by fixing up live recorded (pickup only) acc gtrs with a micrcophone impulse response (warmer more natural sounding).2. the other wish would be a input delay option on the modulators: example: i have a very loud guitar on stage (small open air or club) coming with a agressive gibson sg on a marshall plexi(much hi mids) i managed to make him “bigger” but not louder on the pa by using the ADT 2TRACK VOX setting where i did cut off the high mids-sounded nice, now to make this perfect i would need to have to delay the distance from the amp to the pa. of course there is a workaround by adding a separate (dsp) channel (thats how i did it)-delay this one and send it into the effect,but having the option at the input side of the effect would be slick….

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of morgenstern
    morgenstern
    Participant

in future we will have some more technicans.
    perhaps they leave (shutdown) the mixer after a party in a undefined condition.
    they dont read the “manual” how to shut down…

i would like to have the possibility to “recall a scene” before shutdown,
    so if the pastor starts for a small event, the idr starts always in a defined scene.

i also would like to have some protected scenes (or i did’t find the option?)

Thomas Switzerland

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

Hi,

1) Can’t get used to the PEQ width control. All the other equipment I’m working with has clockwise –> higher bandwith.
    Please make it at least an option to have this control behave in a common way.

2) Compressor release time should be given in ms.

3) The Show Date/Time stamp should be preserved when a show is copied to a USB stick.

4) Please make the custom user strip window resizable.

Thanks for listening.

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a little one: the last selected parameter on the effects window (lets say decay) should be still selected when the user is “coming back”.

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

Would be good if in the editor could position the faders by clicking on the scale, rather than sliding, and if you please enlarged buttons sel and mix.[:D]

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

touchscreen:
    after some jobs in this summer with the sun directly in the display, i think a brighter touchscreen is desirable.

i know this is a problem of all digital desks, but A&H can be the first company who eliminate this problem with “Sun readable TFT Monitors”? ;-)

(here is the “bad english service” from germany[:D])

billkeown
    Participant

I’d like to see a user preference to associate a press of the mix button to the select and or pafl keys.

A couple of examples.

1. Your mixing foh, the mix is sorted and you’re concentrating on fx. You then press a mix button for fx send 1. If this could be linked to ‘sel’ then you’d see the fx unit and be able to tweak as you adjust send levels.

2. You’re mixing monitors and a guiatist asks for a little more vocal, you could push the mix button and the pafl button, but wouldn’t it be good if as soon as you hit ‘mix’ the corresponding mix was instantly in the cue wedge..

I know both of these are options in softkeys, but because there only 8 you’d use them all up quickly!

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by billkeown

I’d like to see a user preference to associate a press of the mix button to the select and or pafl keys.

Have a look at the Touchscreen PAFL page.

Greetings,
    Walter

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.