suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ZiKE
    ZiKE
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve got next wish (: I guess I will always have ideas how to make console better, no matter how good it is.
    I’ve connected two surfaces to one mixrack. And it works! So my wish is to create TWO faders for each channel – one for FOH and one for MONitors allowing monitor guy to have sends post mon fader (but pre EQ). I guess, the separate EQ (even simpler) is not possible because of DSP resources?
    IMHO, firmware versions since 2.x should have some game implemented. Arkanoid or Galaxian or even Tetris (please don’t add game FX to master bus…).
    Oh, and one option more: 32 buses only for mixex, no PFL. Sometimes those 2 auxes are necessary.
    Best regards,
    ZiKE

THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS ONLY ME

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i do have made such a setup although due to the fact that most
    of our customers (rockbands) dont need more than 32 channels.
    therefore i have channel 1-32 as f.o.h. channels and 33-64 as monitor channels no dsp limits-laptop to do the monitor mix ( i am used to it)
    most bands around here have a f.o.h ing but not monitor….

i have a own band ( frank zappa tribute 10 piece) where we have 10 stereo in ears (fantastic) two dedicated rev for moni only, plus a what i call radio mix wich is ,including scenes to recall, ready for broadcast we did it once with a second laptop in a controlroom very nice indeed
    important is tha you make 3 different scenss for the appearance
    (scene just saves strip layout) coz everytime you recall this show
    it sets the “view” to the consoles (in my case a 144)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I see vers 1.5 is going to include input Gain on the rotary encoders by using the Alt View switch (Will be great!) How about also using a key combination to select the Alt View target – such as holding down ALT view, and pressing the Rotary Shift to toggle between socket ID, DSP Channel, dB value, Gain!

While on the subject of key combinations – How about a key combination and/or a user key to store or update scenes. ie: hold down Alt View and press the scene Go button to update or store a scene.
    The scene item “Input Channel mixer” needs to have more flexible options – It currently stores all channel Mutes, Levels, Aux Levels, mix assignments, DCA assignments etc all together. So you can’t for example just store the mute settings of channels 1-20 in each scene without storing all the other settings. That probably applies to the other mixers also (DCA & Mix). This would be useful for Theatre users who can use many scenes for performers radio mic’s etc.
    If the above could be done then Also (Whew!) – a/some User scene library settings that allow you to quickly set what will be stored and become the default for storing new scenes.
    Only had my system a short while (T112/iDr48) and finding it awesome! Bring on Vers1.5 and beyond!
    Cheers
    Richard
    Audio Dynamite Ltd

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Gain on Rotarys over “ALT VIEW”?
    I think the better Logic is to make this over the button “ROTARY SHIFT”

now I use iLive over 30 jobs and I see a simple Problem:
    the touch-buttons in the touchscreen are a little bit to small for big fingers ;-)
    I look at the designs, there is enough place to make it a size larger. only make it a little bit higher, that´s enough.
    this can help to make the control faster and safer!

touchscreen again:
    in the routing screen we can select the Aux-send signal source (…POST HPF, POST EQ, POST DELAY …).
    this drop down menu is very small and not easy to handle with your finger!
    can you bring this as a quick-menue – like the channel-naming?

sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand.

Profile photo of ryanlantzy
    ryanlantzy
    Participant

I would like to see flashing mix lights to indicate that a channel can or can’t be assigned to the currently selected mix.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

If you use the SUB mode you already need the rotary shift to send signal to the sub out.

The alt view button is always available no matter what setup your in so alt view is a better option.

What I would like is the possibility to use the rotary knobs for a fixed send (delay, reverb ). In combination with the alt view. so you can quick add delay without changing back and fort to send on faders every time. especially for those reggae bands [8D]

Lieven

T112/IDR48

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

There are multiple options for the Alt/View/Rotary shift buttons.

You will see the different modes when 1.5 is released.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Wolfgang I agree with you about the touch screen and big fingers.I use cheap propelling pencil (Mechanical pencils) bit like a stylus for a PDA that way I can hit the correct button.The only problem now is where do I keep my Pokey Stick [:D]

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

If you use the SUB mode you already need the rotary shift to send signal to the sub out.

no, I don´t use the SUB mode.
    in “LR SUB” mode I can´t send a single signal in the SUB, when I route this signal over a subgroup, not directly in the mix.
    therefore I use the normal “LR” mode and use an normal Aux to send the signal to the subwoofer.
    when i don´t use the SUB mode ,I got two more Aux-sends…
    and now the better way for me is to use the ROTARY SHIFT button [8D][:D]

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I would like to have an Button to switch +48V on or off global – i was used to it at my Yamaha-times – and think thats an good thing to have.
    Also i would like to see the Delay times at the delay in BPM – not only in ms.
    And of course an distortian and an pitch shift effect – give me that things and i am completly happy… [:)]

Profile photo of maartengeluid
    maartengeluid
    Participant

Hi,

i would like to have a second PFL/AFL bus, so i can do monitoring via my laptop/touchpad and have a wedge/in ear at the side of the stage, independent from what FOH is doing ;-).
    Second PFL/afl routable to the mixrack outputs.

Also absolutely neccessary when a two console – one Mixrack setup would become possible.

With this extra, the I-live can have something, nobody in the market can offer for the moment.

regards,
    Maarten

Profile photo of unonuncasabe
    unonuncasabe
    Participant

I’d like to have a LRMsub mode, so I can make use of all 4 main paths without sacrificing an aux send for the Sub.
    Also, aux sends PAN follow Main mix PAN option.

Beautiful system and concept, thou.

Andy

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

I have a thought…

Im using IDR48 +T112 surface, ok i know there are a lot of controllable faders and we have the “freeze in layer” function but if i wanted to have even more control of a mix what would be the limiting factor with using a T80 console as a sidecar?

Ok let me talk specifics… im not talking about a 2nd ACE connection or ‘audio’ split, im talking about control parameters.

I can obviously have my laptop (or several laptops) connected either wireless or wirelessly next to my main console, so is it possible to link to surfaces together via the network ports, change the ip’s on the 2nd console and have control of the IDR48?

Im thinking this should be possible, but if not how come?

Of course with the ACE expansion cards available now one should simply buy the iLive 144/176 surfaces if more control surface is needed but you get where im coming from?

Oh …. btw A+H, whats the plan for the minijack Touchscreen sockets on the back of the T series surfaces???

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

minijack Touchscreen sockets on the back of the T series surfaces???

Its the audio io to the touch screen computer. We thought if we decide to use them for features in the future they’d better be connected !

but no plans yet.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I second that idea – two PFL bus’s – one for FOH one for laptop with the ability to output at the mixrack headphone jack separate to FOH? or at least route to an output as suggested. I currently use an Aux as a makeshift solution with the editor/Laptop with all Aux send levels at unity and all output mix assignments off – apart from an output for monitoring. Then just turn ON the channels you want to listen to. Not ideal as you have to turn each switch off again!

quote:

Originally posted by maartengeluid

Hi,

i would like to have a second PFL/AFL bus, so i can do monitoring via my laptop/touchpad and have a wedge/in ear at the side of the stage, independent from what FOH is doing ;-).
    Second PFL/afl routable to the mixrack outputs.

Also absolutely neccessary when a two console – one Mixrack setup would become possible.

With this extra, the I-live can have something, nobody in the market can offer for the moment.

regards,
    Maarten

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.