suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

Here’s another vote for flashing MUTE lights!
    Regards,
    Marc

Profile photo of Dave-Hartman
    Dave-Hartman
    Participant

I also cast my vote for flashing mute’s when using the DCA mute.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep i am in with the flashing vca mute saga,

surround is from “sales” point of view important
    all the theatre engineers want it….

THE FAN NOIZZZZEEE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!

assignable usb floor pedal,for tap delay, scene up `n down,

quick scene safe button (assigned on softknob)
    last saved delete button (assigned on softknob)
    overwrite same/actual scene option (assigned on softknob)
    optional prompt for overwriting scene “on /off”

this would mean “step mode” for the saving routine.
    everytime i push – a new scene is stored, and can be finetuned later.
    (naming and so on)
    very cool to “learn” a production during rehearsals or live.
    to refine the whole thing: every scene saved with a “timestamp option”
    (what time and lenghth(maybe) this would look like :

scene 1 / stored at 00:00:00 / time 00:03:01
    scene 2 / stored at 00:03:01 / time ……
    lenghth is not that important but makes life easier to find things
    and so on

am i crazy??? i would be intrested in other opinions[:)]

ps: a free Digigram LX6464ES for me[;)]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of thomask
    thomask
    Participant

Just bought an iLive 80 for a theatre production. My wishes untill now (most of them are already in this thread).

1. An expander option in the gate section.
    2. I want to move and insert scenes in the scene editor. I program a show during rehearsal. But sometimes the director will change the order or add a scene. It is really tedious job to copy all the scenes one position up to make room for the new scene.
    3. The scene select and go buttons should work differently. To address the problem stated before I created empty scene slots so I am able to insert a new scene. I expect when I press next, that it would skip the empty slots. But it doesn’t.
    Also the GO button should increment to the next scene non-empty when pressed.
    4. Crossfading scenes (not only fader settings, but also eq & compression settings etc). Set crossfade times for scene recall. Another option would be a crossfader to crossfade scenes. (Like a light control console can)
    5. A handy thing when using the GEQ is to reset a band by pressing the SEL button above the fader. It is very hard to reach the 0 mark when using the fader.
    6. The fans in the console are to loud for a theatre production ore soft classical music.
    7. Very strange noises on the headphone outputs. Especially when you tweak the touchscreen dim knob,

Profile photo of thomask
    thomask
    Participant

Library based (EQ, dynamics, routing, FX) scene saving and recalling.
    This enables you to create scene settings which can easily be modified when playing the show in another theatre.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Unless I misunderstand you have library based everything you just have to populate the library with the set ups you feel are worth saving, is it not in the user library of each section?

If I find a particular eq that works and I like it I just save it and it is available for me next time,I do not think it is up to a manufacturer to produce this kind of stuff really.
    Mr.B.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

The Firmware release next week of 1.4 adresses those EQ wish lists

by holding down the reset button, and then pressing select on the individual frequency bands of the graphic, it resets them back to “0”

when the band is @ “0” the green select light illuminates also

There is also a new Gated Verb and a new Channel Ganging function.

allows you to “gang” up to 7 channels off of one master channel and link dsp between the groups, instant grouping, very cool!!!

NEW expanded PFL settings and the new SCENE editor/recall is alot better than before, laid out very logically

Profile photo of stuartuk
    stuartuk
    Participant

Yes, me too, me too !!!!!! Block assignments on the pre-amps for input routing would be so much quicker. I know its’ quicker on a laptop, but it would be great if it were quicker on the desk also. [^]

quote:

Originally posted by havana

Block assignments for preamps would be most welcome.

Example: Select preamps for ips 1 to 32 and assign ESB Channels 1 to 32 to ip 1 to 32.[:p]

Profile photo of Jas@MCF
    Jas@MCF
    Participant

I have found out that you have Admin controls through the editor that you dont have at the surface.
    For example i have it set up so only the Admin account can change the Mixrack Configuration, but after you log in to the surface with any restricted account that doesn’t have permission to change Mixrack Configurations you are able to apply changes to the Mixrack Configuration using the computer and the editor program.
    I haven’t tried other changes that the user is locked out of like show manager but i do know that the editor program gets you into the show manager screen where as if i was using the surface it would come up with a message stating i dont have permission.
    This could be interesting if someone tried to recall a show during a performance considering how long it takes to recall a show then you would have to recall the previous show you were actually using in the first place, and no doubt everyone would turn around to look at the sound guy when he is probably sitting in the congregation with his laptop… [}:)]

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Jas
    Well noticed. On V1.32 we simply have the “Enable External Ethernet Connections” button which prevents Editor connecting to a desk, if you so choose. On 1.41 (now released) we’ve ported the security profiles into Editor. This means if you disable all user accounts you are not using, and give the account you are using a password, the person logging on using Editor will have to provide that password to connect to the desk. The setting (permissions) associated with that user however don’t carry through into Editor, that will be coming in a later formware release. So for now you can password your desk to prevent unauthorized access, you just have to trust the guy you give the password to for the time being. Hope that helps.

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of thomask
    thomask
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

Unless I misunderstand you have library based everything you just have to populate the library with the set ups you feel are worth saving, is it not in the user library of each section?

If I find a particular eq that works and I like it I just save it and it is available for me next time,I do not think it is up to a manufacturer to produce this kind of stuff really.
    Mr.B.

I’m sorry. You misunderstood. I would like to store which EQ library entry I use for a channel. Not the contents of the entry.
    An example:

I’ve got an actor who has 2 EQ settings. A normal one and a telephone voice. I would like to create two library entries for the 2 settings. I use these settings through the whole show (+/- 100 scenes).
    When I go to another theatre to play the show I would like to tweak the 2 EQ library entries during soundcheck and they are automatically updated in the whole show.

It works about the same on moving light controller desks like the Hog.

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

quote:

I’ve got an actor who has 2 EQ settings. A normal one and a telephone voice. I would like to create two library entries for the 2 settings. I use these settings through the whole show (+/- 100 scenes). When I go to another theatre to play the show I would like to tweak the 2 EQ library entries during soundcheck and they are automatically updated in the whole show.

Well, you could copy those two EQ library items to your USB key. Plug the key into the iLive at the other theatre, and they will appear in the EQ library list (with USB symbol next to them). No need to copy them across. You can update them from the surface if you want to tweak the contents.
    Hope that helps,
    Carey

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Compressor Sidechain function:

“Self Key´d” is not enough, give us more flexibility please:

Sidechain
    – Self, pre or post EQ
    – from any another Channel or Mix(!)
    (I need “ducking” for a show[8D])

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Compressor Sidechain function:

“Self Key´d” is not enough, give us more flexibility please:

Sidechain
    – Self, pre or post EQ
    – from any another Channel or Mix(!)
    (I need “ducking” for a show[8D])

I agree.
    (Congrats on 1.42 BTW)
    Unless I’m missing something why is the “Self Key´d” a pulldown if you can’t select anything?
    Regards,
    Marc

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

quote:

I agree.
    (Congrats on 1.42 BTW)
    Unless I’m missing something why is the “Self Key´d” a pulldown if you can’t select anything?
    Regards,
    Marc

Well, it’s a case of ‘watch this space’… [:)]
    We plan to add the feature in a future version.
    C

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.