suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

If you want two EQs you could always route it through a group, and there appears to be dynamic EQs coming in our fx banks sometime later today :)

quote:

Originally posted by kimaru

Well,

I’d sometimes love to put eq after comp. This might be the most important one. Compressed eq can be desireble, but I think that acoustic guitar for example can sound much more open with eq not compressed.

I’d like to compress the acoustic guitar for more sustain and then eq it in the most open and exiting way.

Does that make sence? ;)

Kimaru

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of unonuncasabe
    unonuncasabe
    Participant

I can see the 4 layer buttons being held to show some extra ( Alt-like) information on the LCDs displays for that particular fader layer.
    For example, gains or channel number…
    Do you guys see some other function that could be useful ?

Andres Rossi.
    Proud Owner of iLive T since 2009

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by unonuncasabe

I can see the 4 layer buttons being held to show some extra ( Alt-like) information on the LCDs displays for that particular fader layer.
    For example, gains or channel number…
    Do you guys see some other function that could be useful ?

The only thing I could possible see useful is if you held down that layer and all fader banks shifted to that layer while it was held down? I never have my banks linked, but there might be a time when i’m looking for a specific channel I buried, and that could be a fast way to do that. But honestly I’m ambivalent about it.

While I love the buried gems of ilive (like hold select to meter at that point in the signal chain) iv’e seen many first-timers confused by the shortcuts. Sorta like teaching your grandad control P to print.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

@tk2k

thats right, you can use groups, aux, FX …whatever for eq after comp, but you’re always loosing busses this way. I love eq after comp for many instruments in many situations.

Multiple instruments could be eqed if you just could change the order of the processors ;)

Well … it seems nobady else uses this, so I won’t get this [:(]

i.Live is the number one buy in the last years for me …

Thanks A&H anyway [:)]

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

Bookmark and notes features for the help menu. And an INDEX or search feature.

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Narrower Q widths on the PEQ bands would be nice. 1/9 octave is sometimes just too wide when trying to notch out a ring.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I would appreciate a scroll function for the right fader bank, or maybe all of them. By scroll I mena lik ea C24 or other pro tools rig, where you don’t have to switch layers completely, just scroll left or right.

Not sure how this could be implemented with the current control surface

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

Narrower Q widths on the PEQ bands would be nice. 1/9 octave is sometimes just too wide when trying to notch out a ring.

Second!

Also, could we have adjustable order on the per channel highpass? Up to 18 or even 24dB/Oct. would be very very nice.

A scroll function would make sense to me, if the fader banks would be virtually wider than they are physically. So on right bank on a T112 every layer could have 16 virtual faders, which could be scrolled left or right per bank on the actual faders. Scrolling from one layer to another doesn’t make sense to me. Why would I scroll if I can get there with one press of a button in any case and condition?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I can see the fixed format racks requiring a DSP upgrade at this rate! :)

Profile photo of stephenwolf
    stephenwolf
    Participant

I really need a way to set all AUX to default to pre-fader. Every time I make changes to stereo/mono channels I then have to remember to set every output to PRE again. (after waiting the really long time for the board to make the stereo change)
    And I need the shortcut for assigning all channels for a given output as pre or post (hitting mix on the output and then holding the pre/post button while selecting that output mix) to work without having to clear the screen selection first. Right now if you are doing mixer config, or looking at an effect, or channel naming, etc etc; the shortcut apply all won’t work.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by stephenwolf

I really need a way to set all AUX to default to pre-fader. Every time I make changes to stereo/mono channels I then have to remember to set every output to PRE again. (after waiting the really long time for the board to make the stereo change)
    And I need the shortcut for assigning all channels for a given output as pre or post (hitting mix on the output and then holding the pre/post button while selecting that output mix) to work without having to clear the screen selection first. Right now if you are doing mixer config, or looking at an effect, or channel naming, etc etc; the shortcut apply all won’t work.

not in front of my surface right now but you can ” control/click” (in editor) on the auxes mix button and select all pre or any other flavour you need..also saving basic scenes of your layout works really well..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tk2k

I would appreciate a scroll function for the right fader bank, or maybe all of them. By scroll I mena lik ea C24 or other pro tools rig, where you don’t have to switch layers completely, just scroll left or right.

Not sure how this could be implemented with the current control surface

You did not understand the concept of the console.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

press the desired mix and then hold PRE/POST Button and press select of that mix.
    That should change the status for the whole mix.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of stephenwolf
    stephenwolf
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

press the desired mix and then hold PRE/POST Button and press select of that mix.

Yes, I use that shortcut all the time, my point is that I have to do it every time I set a mono channel to stereo, or a stereo channel to mono, and that is annoying, especially if you are running 10 AUX outputs.
    It has bit me a few times when I am only using 4 AUX for a show, and then the next week pull up a few more and those are still set to POST for a couple channels because they weren’t exposed on the board last week when I made a stereo change. I then start a sound check assuming everything is good and don’t find out till part way into it that a couple AUX with a couple channels are set POST because I didn’t see them last week and the board defaulted that way.

I would much rather be able to tell the console “hey, I am always wanting my AUX outputs to default to PRE when you reset a channel.”

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

Yes, I use that shortcut all the time, my point is that I have to do it every time I set a mono channel to stereo, or a stereo channel to mono, and that is annoying, especially if you are running 10 AUX outputs.
    It has bit me a few times when I am only using 4 AUX for a show, and then the next week pull up a few more and those are still set to POST for a couple channels because they weren’t exposed on the board last week when I made a stereo change. I then start a sound check assuming everything is good and don’t find out till part way into it that a couple AUX with a couple channels are set POST because I didn’t see them last week and the board defaulted that way.

I would much rather be able to tell the console “hey, I am always wanting my AUX outputs to default to PRE when you reset a channel.”

You should save a scene Before you make any adjustments to Stereo Input configuration [all mixes have to be reset as you are building a new mixer]. Change the input stereos then recall the scene restoring all your mix attributes.

Leon A&H UK. Please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.