suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario-Sigl
    Mario-Sigl
    Participant

Hey,
    I also think, that it should be easy to realize, but I don’t know noting about programming at all.
    And I would definitly use this feature more frequently than I use some other features.
    @ dave:
    I do it this way too, but without messuring distances…
    I also Gang the channels for the left and right signal, so the EQing and stuff is easier.
    But as you have only a limited number of Gangs and for high numbers of inputs, this method is not very handy at all.

Cheers,

Mario

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

The “Haas panning” would be a boon for very big wide stages for sure.
    Mario is correct on high channel count shows to split the input across 2 DSP channels would be a bit of a pain.

We shall have to wait and see if father Christmas brings this new toy anytime soon[8D]

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I read this suggestion on another forum… I love the idea…

“Mix selection indication needs to be more obvious. Even after two years, I find myself adjusting a fader, realizing I was in the wrong mix. I think if you are in anything but the main mix it should flash all the mix lights or something.”

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

GREAT F****G IDEA. I would love a clear indication of being in a different mix than Master.

And the Haas panning, excellent stuff!!

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by vilddyr

GREAT F****G IDEA. I would love a clear indication of being in a different mix than Master.

And the Haas panning, excellent stuff!!

or have the input channel strip / tab change colour(s).

Peter

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

https://www.innovason.com/news-events/news/pandora.html

more sophisticated version of Haas Panning

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Now that is interesting, would make my life a bit easier for sure.
    Sounds like a modification of the way the speaker processor works in the FX section of iLive I believe that is based on time algorithms but I am sure some one will correct me, any chance of it before mid November (this year)[:D]

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Am i wrong or has Studer brought something like that a couple of years ago for their Vista Consoles?

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

a polarity switch in the aux output processing.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

I’d love to see

General
    – reset to default (center, zero)
    – “hold” function for all meeters, that keeps a light on the highest and alternatively average reached value (allways or for some seconds).
    – choose sidechain from all channels
    – use sidechain/ducking on groups, fed from inputs or other groups
    – just 1 fader for main out with pan and mybe sub drive
    + 1 for szene fading/blending
    + 1 for guitar/bass … tuner
    + 1 for auto archive facility so that you dont lose everything by mistake
    +1 for audio file playback
    +1 for android app
    +1 for “locked scenes”

MIDI
    Receive Midi Clock for FX settings (modulation, delay etc.) and scene fading

FX
    – phaser effect
    – DJ freeze and spin effects

DCA
    – POST fader option for DCA (so that aux monitors are not affected)

Editor
    – enter values via keyboard (not only by mousemove)
    – changing values with the mousewheel
    – docking windows
    – free assignable shortcuts for editor

I really love the i.Live system!

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

What do you mean by DCA post, and how it effects monitors? Do you mean groups?

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry for that! Seems my keyboard did some silly things. Please simply ignore that DCA post line [:I]

Now what I ment is this:

– DCA on aux and groups

because: People love to have a kind of personal monitoring. It is very nice to tell them “do it yourself” especially to this inEar guys. But most time 64 inputs and even more groups is to much for them to handle. So I’d love to have kind of “me and the rest” mix, with one fader “me” and just one fader “the others”. This should make everybody happy. Groups can do this in a way, but I allways loose busses if I do that.

I also had another Idea to make things much easier for personal monitoring for people that are no pros. They tend to allways turn everything up, but never down. they say: I’m not loud enough and turn themselfes up. They dont turn the others down then.
    therefore It would be nice to have aux VCA as percentage faders. When turning a fader up the others automatically turn down, allways keeping the overall 100% volume. Users should never be able to make it clip this way.

– Adding a max levels value they cant go beyond should also prevent people form making everything clip.

Kimaru

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

And here is another stupid idea ;)

– It would be fantastic if you could change the order of processors freely . (eg. comp after eq to eq first, deesser first then comp).

Just a suggestion. No idea I this can be done.

Thanks A&H :)

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kimaru

And here is another stupid idea ;)

– It would be fantastic if you could change the order of processors freely . (eg. comp after eq to eq first, deesser first then comp).

Just a suggestion. No idea I this can be done.

Thanks A&H :)

If this could be done (which im sure it can, the dsp is so flexible as it is) why would you want it to be done? Also that’ d really miess with the superstrip

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

Well,

I’d sometimes love to put eq after comp. This might be the most important one. Compressed eq can be desireble, but I think that acoustic guitar for example can sound much more open with eq not compressed.

I’d like to compress the acoustic guitar for more sustain and then eq it in the most open and exiting way.

Does that make sence? ;)

Kimaru

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.