suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

As said before: Delay time changable to bpm, distortion effect, potch effect, dynamic eq and a multiband compressor.

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Here are two more items for the wish list…

1. I’d like to be able to send inputs (IP) directly to a matrix. Right now I have to route them through an aux before I can get them to a mtx. This just uses up auxes that I could use elsewhere. For example, I have 2 audience mics. I currently route them to an aux, then route that aux to my recording matrix. That matrix is LCR plus the audience mic aux. If I could just send the audience mics directly to the matrix it would save me an aux.

2. I need to be able to send a group to an FX. I can insert an FX on a group, but I can’t route a group to an FX send. The only way for me to do this is to physically patch the group output to an input then send that IP to the FX send. That uses up an IP (and adds another round of DA/AD conversion).

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

1. I’d like to be able to send inputs (IP) directly to a matrix. Right now I have to route them through an aux before I can get them to a mtx. This just uses up auxes that I could use elsewhere. For example, I have 2 audience mics. I currently route them to an aux, then route that aux to my recording matrix. That matrix is LCR plus the audience mic aux. If I could just send the audience mics directly to the matrix it would save me an aux.

maybe you can use the matrix external input here?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Thanks Steffenromeiss. I thought about that but it only allows me to add one external input. In this situation I have 2 audience mics. I can think of plenty of times when I might like to add a half dozen or more channels directly to a matrix though.

-d

SteffenR
    Participant

hmmm I understand what you want…
    until it’s implemented, maybe you can use two mono matrices instead of one stereo

But I agree it would be handy to route inputs directly to matrices.

SRV-AVB

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

Yes that would be good! You can also use group/s to get your audience mics to the record matrix which may free up your Aux (if you have spare Group/s available that is)

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Isn’t a matrix a mix of outputs? i.e. its a way of getting a different mix combining existing outputs such as auxes, groups or mains without using any additional buses? Therefore you can’t send inputs to a matrix as that would require another bus (works the same on analogue desks too).

SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Slammin

Isn’t a matrix a mix of outputs? i.e. its a way of getting a different mix combining existing outputs such as auxes, groups or mains without using any additional buses? Therefore you can’t send inputs to a matrix as that would require another bus (works the same on analogue desks too).

We know that. On some Yamaha consoles you can route inputs directly to matrix outs. That makes some things possible.
    Like routing an Output mix to a matrix and add some ambience microphones to it,
    just with routing and without using an additional bus.
    So one can create a stereo mix with ambience.

It is no killer feature we must have, it’s a nice to have…I think.

SRV-AVB

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss
    On some Yamaha consoles you can route inputs directly to matrix outs. That makes some things possible.
    Like routing an Output mix to a matrix and add some ambience microphones to it,
    just with routing and without using an additional bus.
    So one can create a stereo mix with ambience.

You know, I never realized you couldn’t do this on iLive before. I’ve wondered for a long time why anyone would ever use groups when there’s 16 DCAs… guess this is why. Weird though, having grown up on Yamaha’s I just assumed all matricies work this way.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

here is a idea for alternative faders for the ipad
    double tap buttons to set to zero or minus 40
    the triangles are “rest on” to go up or down.

makes life easier on stage holding the pad as well multiple
    maybe it should have a speed setting option for the triangles (how slow/quick they move)
    and maybe the triangle idea would make sense as well on the preamp/ fex/ filters and so on

alternative-faders.jpg

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

This would certainly have to be an OPTION. Personally I hate the idea of an instant feedback button on a touch sensitive device ha ha

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

here is a idea for alternative faders for the ipad
    double tap buttons to set to zero or minus 40
    the triangles are “rest on” to go up or down.

makes life easier on stage holding the pad as well multiple
    maybe it should have a speed setting option for the triangles (how slow/quick they move)
    and maybe the triangle idea would make sense as well on the preamp/ fex/ filters and so on

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

and father bull said: lets walk down and **** them all[;)]

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Mario-Sigl
    Mario-Sigl
    Participant

Hi all,

another suggestion, I don’t know if it was mentioned allready:

an alternative method of panning signals: I call it Haas-Panning, because it uses the Haas-Effect.

This method does not use different levels to produce a panorama-effect but it uses delays.

to pan a signal to the outer right side, the left part of the signal has to be delayed up to 2 ms,
    to pan a signal to the outer left side, the right part of the signal has to be delayed up to 2 ms.

it would be cool, if there was an option, to switch the pan-pot of the iLive to this “Haas-Mode”, so that it doesnt produce different signal-levels, but delays.

The benefit of this method is, that a signal, that is completely panned to the right side, has the same levels on both sides of the PA.
    So the audience on the left and on the right side hear exactly the same signal, but the audience in the middle of the PA enjoys an panned signal.

Hope the idea is understandable expressed.

Cheers,

Mario

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey mario i do that all the time by splitting 1 mic pre to two dsp channels –
    as i am a real nuttter i even go further and measure the distance of the gtr speaker to the p.a.
    sounds great.anyway the haas mode would be very conveniant indeed – although i think on babysitting jobs one probably would hardly use it coz very few know about the haas panning,one would end up as a tedious convincer (“hey try it its cool”) again.

SPLITSTEREO.jpg

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Wow this seems like it would be extremely easy to program in without any additional DSP power.

YES

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

and father bull said: lets walk down and **** them all[;)]

cheers
    dave

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.