suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

My biggest issue is the lack of support for the dual mix rack setup. You still can not set this up offline, it is not considered in the IPAD software, and there is no easy way to add a monitor desk. It appears as though Yamaha has done this with the new CL series using more than 2 mix racks. I love my system just wish the dual rack was truly embraced.

112T
    IDR16
    IDR31

Chad

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Digital compensation just like the new CL
    it should be possible as the digital stage is also in the rack
    Then it would be possible to have 2 surfaces connected to one rack ( if one rack can handle 2 different PFL busses, that is)
    Compensation gain is applied at the digital stage of I/O rack and can work to compensate the analog gain changes by moving in the opposite direction, which allows multiple consoles to take the compensated (stable) input signals. The compensated signal is also delivered to other Dante devices such as computer and other consoles equipped with Dante, because the gain is compensated at the I/O rack stage, not in the console.”
    End quote

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

A rather simple one:

I’d like to see the channel SEL/MIX buttons in editor available as control types in the MIDI control map.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

Still hoping for “Key Listen” to be added to the IP noise gates.

select button in the keyfilter section does this already

Does this work in the Editor? I’ll have to give it a go!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It works on the surface, so why not on the editor?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of pblosser03
    pblosser03
    Participant

1. Scene management in the ipad app.
    2. Iphone app for monitor mixes, so musicians can tweak their own mix. (See https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1883)
    3. Fader to 0 in editor software (just double click on fader?)
    4. Strip meters on DCAs would be nice.
    5. Multiband Comp & Dynamic EQ

Peter

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I just got a crazy idea that I dont think has been mentioned before. How about adding some form of dynamic eq and multiband compression? Or just as the Vi6 did, add ratio, Q, Attack and release to the deesser…

I like the monitor mix app idea for musicians.

SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Tuejo

I just got a crazy idea that I dont think has been mentioned before. How about adding some form of dynamic eq and multiband compression? Or just as the Vi6 did, add ratio, Q, Attack and release to the deesser…

I like the monitor mix app idea for musicians.

It was mentioned 100 times before…[:D]

SRV-AVB

Profile photo of searchie
    searchie
    Participant

I’ve been getting familiar with my iLive system, having decided to acquire one after seeing on youtube how Memphis Train Revue used theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWCxS6ThHY

I tend to do very small shows but, when the band has their own engineer, I can see that not having a traditional surface can be anything from a minor annoyance to a headache. To be honest sometimes I miss having a surface.

The big advantage of using an iLive system with iLive Editor for me is that, it allows for some division of labour. If the band wants to record the show, I can configure a stereo matrix or configure a stereo aux, give an engineer a computer and let them mix their own recording. If their is a broadcast going on I can do pretty much the same thing. I can also have a separate computer mixing monitors as well as, one to manage the FX rack and FX mixes. I could even let fussy artistes mix their own monitors if they’re so inclined.

I’m sure everybody’s eyes are popping out of their heads but, what if there was a way to restrict Tony, Bob and George to their own aux/wedge mixes while the recording guy could only select the recording aux/matrix and the same for broadcast guy and the FX guy. If there is a way, I haven’t been able to find it. If there isn’t I guess it could be implementing a list of mixes that a particular user can select (or an exclusion list) and then have the different people log on as different users. Does that make sense or am I opening a can of worms?

I couldn’t run the risk of having to run over to the broadcast truck to tell the broadcast engineer that he just muted the MC’s mic for the FOH mix when they cut away to their talking heads all because he selected the mains by accident.

Alan

SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by searchie

The big advantage of using an iLive system with iLive Editor for me is that, it allows for some division of labour. If the band wants to record the show, I can configure a stereo matrix or configure a stereo aux, give an engineer a computer and let them mix their own recording. If their is a broadcast going on I can do pretty much the same thing. I can also have a separate computer mixing monitors as well as, one to manage the FX rack and FX mixes. I could even let fussy artistes mix their own monitors if they’re so inclined.

I’m sure everybody’s eyes are popping out of their heads but, what if there was a way to restrict Tony, Bob and George to their own aux/wedge mixes while the recording guy could only select the recording aux/matrix and the same for broadcast guy and the FX guy. If there is a way, I haven’t been able to find it. If there isn’t I guess it could be implementing a list of mixes that a particular user can select (or an exclusion list) and then have the different people log on as different users. Does that make sense or am I opening a can of worms?

I couldn’t run the risk of having to run over to the broadcast truck to tell the broadcast engineer that he just muted the MC’s mic for the FOH mix when they cut away to their talking heads all because he selected the mains by accident.

That’s why you should use a second mixrack for broadcast. Then you do a mic split and the broadcast guys have everything by their own system except the gain for the inputs.

The monitor mix for the musician is a different thing…

SRV-AVB

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i do “give a laptop to the broadcaster” all the time if the band is not too “channelconsuming” i even use a triple channel split.
    (20 foh trim /20 broadcast trim /20 monitor “gain chief”)
    for the broadcast laptop i reserve one effect (called radio) –
    and make him a custom layer.
    as you can see in the example he gets all the fex returns.and has full processing as he has his own channels.
    works pretty good for small shows.
    radiomix.jpg

now (b)locking the top bar in editor feature would make things “securer”

ps: for bigger broadcast i use a analogue mic splitter and give em a separate ilive rack
    then they have full gain control

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Seems like the editor would need a “live” mode that just presents the configured strips and not the ability to reconfigure them. Seems this should be pretty simple to configure; just hide the appropriate toolbar items and menus, hide Setup Mode for the channel strips, lock the custom strips tabs, and password protect the whole thing.

iDr48/T-112/MADI

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

The Above mentionedby dburris….
    1++. This would make for a secure method of doing many things with editor that I would not do now…Due to the inability to trust some to either not make a mistake and fool around with anothers mix. not that any musician I know would do it intentionaly :0.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you help me with this? Here’s a screencap of the 1.83 editor with the gate window open. There’s no SEL button in the key filter section of the gate window. If I click the SEL button on the channel strip in the I/P window, it just causes the processing window to pop up again…I don’t hear a gate key listen. So I’m confused :/

https://bit.ly/I4MG1x

SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you help me with this? Here’s a screencap of the 1.83 editor with the gate window open. There’s no SEL button in the key filter section of the gate window. If I click the SEL button on the channel strip in the I/P window, it just causes the processing window to pop up again…I don’t hear a gate key listen. So I’m confused :/

https://bit.ly/I4MG1x

So then it’s not possible in the editor. Is it possible to use the touch screen emulation and the editor at the same time? Then you should be able to use the select buttons in the touch screen emulation.

SRV-AVB

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.