suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi!

i’d like to have a slotcard for my modular-112 with 1x ADAT IN + 1x ADAT OUT … like the yammis have ;)
    that would be pretty cool for plugin’ in my waves multirack …

greetz,
    ND

andreas putz
    live-sound engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

I have 6 requests, some of which have been mentioned before…

1. Multiband Comps. I could really use this. I’d even be willing to eat up an FX to get it if it couldn’t be incorportaed with the current comp system

2. Dynamic EQ.

3. Fader to Zero button. The press SEL in GEQ flip to zero a fader is great but I’d love that same ability at other times. This would especially be useful when setting up a mix. So perhaps if a MIX button was pressed then a combo press of SEL and ALT would set that fader to 0 db.

4. Strip meters on a DCA. If often bury a group of channels on layer B or C and only put a DCA for that set of channels on my A layer. I don’t see a meter on the DCA though. It would be reassuring to know that a DCA was getting signal. When I PAFL a DCA the meters work on the PAFL so it should be possible to have the strip meter work on a DCA.

5. Ducker. For corporate shows it would be lovely to have an auto-ducker. Apply it to the BG music and side chain it to the vocal group.

6. Automixer. Another great thing to have for corporate events would be an automixer.

-d

Technical Operations Manager
    Shalin Liu Performance Center
    Rockport, MA

Profile photo of PVH
    PVH
    Participant

That pretty much sums it all up I think.
    Only thing left, and for me the most important :
    Unfolding of Groups and DCA’s channels. Something like Popgroups on a Midas, VCA & Group spill on a Digidesign, or Smartfad on a Innovason?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

@-dshriver I think they used to have metering on the DCA groups in earlier firmware but it was removed to avoid confusion ( audio does not pass through DCAs) however I also agree that it would be good to have that feature back.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

3. Fader to Zero button. The press SEL in GEQ flip to zero a fader is great but I’d love that same ability at other times. This would especially be useful when setting up a mix. So perhaps if a MIX button was pressed then a combo press of SEL and ALT would set that fader to 0 db.

Maybe this could be done with a preference that the reset of a channel will set it’s fader to 0db and his MUTE on…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

1. Multiband Comps. I could really use this. I’d even be willing to eat up an FX to get it if it couldn’t be incorportaed with the current comp system

2. Dynamic EQ.

4. Strip meters on a DCA. If often bury a group of channels on layer B or C and only put a DCA for that set of channels on my A layer. I don’t see a meter on the DCA though. It would be reassuring to know that a DCA was getting signal. When I PAFL a DCA the meters work on the PAFL so it should be possible to have the strip meter work on a DCA.

5. Ducker. For corporate shows it would be lovely to have an auto-ducker. Apply it to the BG music and side chain it to the vocal group.

6. Automixer. Another great thing to have for corporate events would be an automixer.

-d

Technical Operations Manager
    Shalin Liu Performance Center
    Rockport, MA

+1

Just one band of dynamic EQ would make me happy … Reconfiguring the De-esser so it has threshold, depth, frequency and Q … even auto attack and release would still make me happy.

… and better / simpler scene management as a default that recalls quickly.

Save a scene – just gains, EQ’s, mutes, comps, gates, and efx settings, i.e. the mix at that point.

Save a configuration – basically what is now the save all, and

Save a show – a collection of scenes & configurations.

Peter

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently ran across another company that has introduced a In Ear Monitor system that relies on control from a smart phone and or I pad. Very user friendly, easy to use and very easy to explain and teach to others to use. I would like to se this as a app for the I-live. would work great in a HOW with the musicians having control of their own mixes. YES I already know about the app and the app, however they seem to be very much geared for the FOH or Monitor engineer. Not the individual user. It would be a much simpler app with a lot less control and not nearly the programming capability of the current apps. Their equipment cost is not much cheaper then a IDR16 and does not have nearly the functionalty. Just thought as to how we could get I live there. I could see selling just a IDR16 and wireless systems for those hard to run cable places as a great add on to an existing system. Any A&H guys wanting to hear more thoughts, would love to share with you.
    A&H I live still the top notch console and biggest bang for the buck, thanks Guys

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi Guys

Thanks for the feedback. All interesting suggestions.

Rob Clark
    A&H R&D

Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

I find the rack ears to be too thin and flimsy (especially on the iDR-16’s). mine get bent all the time. They just need to be a little thicker!

1 x IDR16
    MixPad on Ipad

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Waz try using support rails under the rack and take the weight off the ears,I tend to do this for all bigger equipment in racks or every 3 or 4 modules. Most good quality touring racks can have them fitted and they cost very little, matter of a few pounds here.
    Our gear is pretty expensive seems wise to spend a few quid to look after it.

Profile photo of GatewayAVL
    GatewayAVL
    Participant

Hi,

I have a few suggestions for the next software update.

1. Multiband compressors and Dynamic EQ
    2. Better WSG integration (i.e. using console touchscreen to manipulate WSG like digico consoles)
    3. Spill/populate feature like on the Midas consoles. (i.e. when you push select button for a group or DCA on CS the corresponding inputs channels on that group/DCA propagate on the left fader bank)
    4. Playback from USB drive.
    5. Record to USB drive feature.

Thanks A&H!! Love the product and sound quality.

Chris Cherry
    Technical Director
    First Assembly Lake City
    iDR-48, xDR-16, T80, Dante, MMO, iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

HI
    1 multiband comp and eq
    2 deeser with some choice of filters
    3 Spill/populate groups or DCA
    4 Android version of Mix Pad

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

-> give us the sidechain-function also in the subgroup-compressor, please!
    in the moment i must use some routing-tricks with patch-cables(!) to become this fuction… uuhh. ;-)

-> a new function for the softkeys: “last scene plus 1”
    this will help to reduce the programmingtime for recall different effect-scenes, maybe like this:
    softkey-1 recalls a small room (the next scene is a midsize-room, the next scene is a big room and so on…)the softkey “last scene plus 1” take a step forward in my last selectet fx.
    the second softkey loads a small plate for the drum, the “last scene plus 1” bring me to the mid-plate or a big roooom… and so on.
    at the end we can have 6 softkeys for 6 effekt-engines with fixed start-scenes, one for “last scene plus 1” and the last button maybe for the delay-tap. this would be great for my work.

-> in the EQ: a reset-solution only for the EQ-gains, not for the complete EQ-settings!

-> multiband compressor
    -> distortion-fx
    -> long-fader- and copy+paste-function for the Mixpad-app

Wolfgang
    T112
    iDR48
    M-MADI
    RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Still hoping for “Key Listen” to be added to the IP noise gates.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

Still hoping for “Key Listen” to be added to the IP noise gates.

select button in the keyfilter section does this already

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.