suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

I’ve just came back from Midas PRO2 seminar and I think they made an interesting thing about DCA (or control groups as they call them). There is mode when you’re able to use DCA fader to send assigned channels into aux. For example you have selected someone’s monitor mix and he wants bit more drums, so instead of turning up channels one by one you can turn up DCA fader. I think this is useful one.

Yes, thank You Midas! Seems to be exactly what I was suggesting 8 posts ago ;-)

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

I’ve just came back from Midas PRO2 seminar and I think they made an interesting thing about DCA (or control groups as they call them). There is mode when you’re able to use DCA fader to send assigned channels into aux. For example you have selected someone’s monitor mix and he wants bit more drums, so instead of turning up channels one by one you can turn up DCA fader. I think this is useful one.

ddff

You ar kidding, aren’t you?
    Feed your auxes post fader and use DCA’s as you will at FOH. That’s the whole trick…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

Quote:

ddff

Can you not already do this in iLive by sending (control) groups to auxes……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ahlund

quote:

Yes, thank You Midas! Seems to be exactly what I was suggesting 8 posts ago ;-)

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Dear ALHUND last time you were talking about this function your example was related to reverb, i realize that such function for reverb is unnecessary because you can send instruments and vocals to different reverbs and work with the returns. (for ex. in case of Delay efx only working with the returns gives you total control on it)
    The example from midas seminar it is really useful for monitoring & +1 to make this function in iLive. anyway were are some other ways to override this function mentioned in other posts.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dburris

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

I think that only thing that scene needs is preview , the tree structure is past century..and i sincerely hope that in the future there will be no difference between show or scene and it will be only one BIG SCENE that loads in a moment and has preview fumction!

You’re welcome to your opinion. Perhaps I’m misreading why you seem to be interested in downplaying others’ suggestions. Since digital boards haven’t been around a century I’ll have to assume you’ve a flair for the dramatic.

In a perfect world I could configure scenes or shows in most any heirarchy I choose. However being well aware of software engineering and embedded programming, I opted for a solution I would find useful and less complicated to implement.

thank you for reply, and i beg you a pardon for my overheated style.
    you suggestion dragged my attention and in your reply i found the answer why. such suggestion can only make the person who have professional skills in soft technologies, and your solution have reminded me good old “windows commander” style program.
    please don’t take it personal , in my opinion the future improvements have to be related with visualized objects that have no hierarchy at all, and of course configurable to your style of work.
    all my remarks are based on experience of working with digital consoles at last 8 years and 2 of them I’ve spent with iLIVE,working up to 250 shows a year in different places including US,Canda,Germany most of them in Russia. i do not have the illusion that this is perfect system in the world, but it makes my work much more easy and i find here the new approach to whole process of the work that wasn’t found in same systems.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Roberti do not have the illusion that this is perfect system in the world, but it makes my work much more easy and i find here the new approach to whole process of the work that wasn’t found in same systems.

Nor do I think it’s perfect and I chose it because I like the design approach and the bang for the buck. Your opinion doesn’t really change a feature that I would find useful, but I get that you would not. In my perfect world you could choose how you wish to do it and solve both problems.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss
    You ar kidding, aren’t you?
    Feed your auxes post fader and use DCA’s as you will at FOH. That’s the whole trick…

I’m sure I did’t make myself clear enough. I do know about possibility to run auxes postfader, but this time I was looking at typical corporate event when monitors are being mixed from FOH and DCA function is being different for each selection. When you’re in main mix mode your DCA works like all we know it does, when you select monitor mix ( any pre-fader bus) your DCA changes function and is capable to control all included channels in same proportion as for main mix but sending the bunch of signals to appropriate monitor mix- the way to get all drums to keyboard monitor, you select next monitor mix and you send all drums to percussionist monitor, select main mix and DCA is back to usual state.

This quote from Midas website explains much better: MCA groups (Mix Control Association groups), operate similar to VCA groups, but are specific to the selected mix. When the PRO2 is in Advanced navigation mode, and MCA navigation is engaged, the MCA faders control the contributions of their members only to the currently selected bus. This is a unique and powerful mixing tool, which puts the PRO2 in a class of it’s own for innovation and usability.

ddff

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

+1 on MCA groups!

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

I would like to see a hardware option for Monitor Applications. We have 32 output mixes, how about a stage rack with only 8 or 16 inputs but 32 physical xlr outputs? I.E. Monitor Rack. if we have an iDR-48 @ FOH, then use and iDR-16 @ Mon land (because doing digital split) How about an output mostly box (8 inputs 32 outputs)

Rockin!

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

I would like to see a hardware option for Monitor Applications. We have 32 output mixes, how about a stage rack with only 8 or 16 inputs but 32 physical xlr outputs? I.E. Monitor Rack. if we have an iDR-48 @ FOH, then use and iDR-16 @ Mon land (because doing digital split) How about an output mostly box (8 inputs 32 outputs)

Rockin!

You could use the iDR10 to create your own custom output box. But I do agree that maybe some thought could be put into making maybe a iDR 16 output box(especially if it can be cheaper then setting up a 16 channels worth of output on the iDR10). The smaller form factor would be a plus for many of the users who would be interested in it I’m sure.

my iLive setup:
    offline editor on mac, demo content on ipod touch
    lol

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frozenwaffles

OK, to all who need to understand why we use exeternal speaker processors…
    Go read up and get pricing on one of these: https://lake.labgruppen.com/products/lm_26_features/
    There is algorithms in there that are pateneted and will never ever be recreated by allen and heath or any other mixing console manufacturer for good reason.

BTW, isn’t Yamaha adding Lake processing to their desks?

Duncan Whitcombe
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2, Dante soon
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

repeat of my earlier requests:
    1. be able to set the Direct out source differently for different channels e.g. pre-fade for some nd post-delay for others
    2. width control on stereo channels
    3. a way of being able to save and recall the fader settings for a given mix output for saving someone’s IEM mix.
    4. access to compressors from tweak.

Having said that, I have been enjoying the new compressors and the desk generally.

We will be testing using a Behringer BCF2000 from the editor computer soon – this may lead to really interesting configuration ideas…

Duncan Whitcombe
    Perth, Australia

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Another thing I’ve been missing in our iLive setup that I used to keep some outboard around for in previous rigs is…
    …some form of valve-amp (or modelling of such). I love using it in more subtle modes for vocals, bass and acoustic guitars, even for live mixes – anyone else missing this?

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

does anyone have a point here with quoting what i said??? Yamaha have licenced the lake, no recreated it. personally i think its a stupid idea, especially when you have limited card slots…

i have an idea, why dont we make and iDR-CARDSLOT100 rack that is 26RU high and cand fit 100 expansion cards, then we’ll get all the manufactures to make their product in card form and we put them in the iDR-cardslot100 rack! yeah!

oh wait its called rack cases and RACK UNITS! no way! thats cool!

quote:

Originally posted by whitcodj

quote:

Originally posted by frozenwaffles

OK, to all who need to understand why we use exeternal speaker processors…

Go read up and get pricing on one of these: https://lake.labgruppen.com/products/lm_26_features/
    There is algorithms in there that are pateneted and will never ever be recreated by allen and heath or any other mixing console manufacturer for good reason.

BTW, isn’t Yamaha adding Lake processing to their desks?

Duncan Whitcombe
    Perth, Australia

Current stock:
    1x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 1x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 2x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I have suggestion for Editor, instead of loading all of the information form console all shows all scenes, to add option that makes possible to chose what to load for ex: only current scene.
    And in case if it have disconnected just updating the current scene will be much faster.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.