suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

I would like the ability to lose the buses taken up by the Wedges and IEMs. I never, ever use this functionality, but I do run up against a lack of buses on the iDR32, when running 6 sets of IEMs from Aux and physical outputs.

Thanks!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I have made inserts assignments on group buses, then i have changed mix bus configuration i needed more aux buses than group and got rid of some group buses in mixer configuration but the assignments were not automatically unassigned from groups…
    so i got the situation when i have no groups in the show but some Dante inputs and outputs are still assigned to groups and its impossible to change them. so i had this problem to reload back the groups and unassigned them.
    i think that assignments have automatically be reset ted then you changing mix configuration.

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI 2 X M DANTE CARDS

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Guyharris

quote:

I would like the ability to lose the buses taken up by the Wedges and IEMs. I never, ever use this functionality, but I do run up against a lack of buses on the iDR32, when running 6 sets of IEMs from Aux and physical outputs.

Thanks!

If you go to Mixrack setup in the ‘mix config’ page you are able to remove Wedge and IEM from the mixer bus configuration.

You will still be able to assign the Wedge & IEM channels to a strip and have control over the output level though you just will not be able to do any processing on these channels.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

guyharris
    Participant

Hi Sam,

Yes: I knew that the ‘processing on wedge / iem’ options used up more buses, but I never use them and presumed that they automatically took up buses that might be (more usefully!) assigned to other purposes.

Thanks for clearing that up …

Guy

guyharris
    Participant

PL-Anet.

This is one of the best features of the iLive. I know a lot of people are going to use iPads to control things, but I like the simplicity of the PLs, plus they don’t run out of battery! :-)

A couple of suggestions:

1. I run 6 x PL10s on a PL9 hub. It would be good to have a matrix representation of the sends, with radio button functionality, rather than having to select each button / rotary fader and select the functionality from a list. For example, once ‘Aux Send Level’ on one or more controllers has been selected, it would be good to see a matrix of what is being sent where. Although it’s possible (and easy) to save PL10 settings as template, it’s a bit too time-consuming to go through and adjust every Source and Aux/Fx.

2. Indicator lights: currently, the indicator on a button is counter-intuitive if I’m muting an FX. It would be good to be able to select a different colour, or reverse the indication, for any given state.

3. Editor labels: rather than having to check each individual controller button / fader, it would be good to see the assigned function, perhaps just in a tool tip.

Thanks!

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

Daylight saving time, a week early, I think Europe goes a week earlier than the US. but the only glitch the only component that changed time was the touch screen. The T112 n iDR stayed on the current time. To me i don’t care about the automatic update, just make sure all of the components update the time.

The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I would put in a vote for nested scenes within a show file in a tree structure. Even if the number of scenes were limited, a parent/child relationship of the scenes would allow simpler ordering of acts, set lists, effects changes within a song/act, etc. To keep it somewhat simple you could keep a linear list but include a “level” field in the scene and add the ability to promote or demote scenes in the tree based on level. When moving scenes, a scene at a particular level can only move up or down in the list at its current level. All scenes below the current level move with the current level and maintain their ordering beneath the current level.

Of course there are other ways to do this, but I think the feature would be useful.

This can be accomplished with the ability to move scenes as a block as well. In that case I would suggest a means of visibly identifying related blocks to assist in manually selecting all the physical scenes to logical blocks. Being able to assign colors to the scenes would provide at least a visual indication of scene groupings to assist in using the current editing capability.

Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

I have actually never seen a iLive in real life but I have been reading documentation and reading this forum a lot in preparation… I still dare to have some suggestions ;-)

– It would be nice to be able to assign individual aux/fx sends from individual input channels to DCA:s.
    – Ability to choose pre fader, post fader or post peq/geq for matrix sends from groups/master etc (I think this has been mentioned before).
    – Metering data to PL-Anet. Nice to have in the PL-4, PL-6 and PL-10
    – Aux/Fx sends from groups and maybe aux (need some “intelligence” to prevent loops).

I stop at that for now.

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I think that only thing that scene needs is preview , the tree structure is past century..and i sincerely hope that in the future there will be no difference between show or scene and it will be only one BIG SCENE that loads in a moment and has preview fumction!

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32 M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x mac mini+DVS

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ahlund

I have actually never seen a iLive in real life but I have been reading documentation and reading this forum a lot in preparation… I still dare to have some suggestions ;-)

– It would be nice to be able to assign individual aux/fx sends from individual input channels to DCA:s.
    – Ability to choose pre fader, post fader or post peq/geq for matrix sends from groups/master etc (I think this has been mentioned before).
    – Metering data to PL-Anet. Nice to have in the PL-4, PL-6 and PL-10
    – Aux/Fx sends from groups and maybe aux (need some “intelligence” to prevent loops).

I stop at that for now.

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Dear AHLUND! this the strangest request that i have seen.
    the first suggestion for you is go & by iLIVE and you will be forgiven for your:)

– if you want to control by DCA send of individual channel to fx or aux just split that channel to another DSP channel cut it from master and assign strip to DCA …the question is for what??
    – the matrix is configurable post or pre fader, pre eq(if you whant the same EQ you can use copy paste..(or maybe it is forbidden is Sweden)
    -and of course my friend in iLIVE you can send group to aux and efx returns to aux or return it back to DSP mixer channel frough efx rack and again send it where you want and special for you the opportunity to loop exf is already here.

so you better stop and by iLIVE or go back to analog forum.

SHALOM!

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS

Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert
    – if you want to control by DCA send of individual channel to fx or aux just split that channel to another DSP channel cut it from master and assign strip to DCA …the question is for what??

Yes, it’s possible to split channels (provided You have enough channel strips…) but, in my opinion, it makes it more complicated.

Why would I want to do it? A very, very simplified example: Let’s say we have one vocalist with an acoustic guitar. I want to use the same reverb on the guitar and vocals. The problem is that the vocalist sometimes talk and play the guitar at the same time and I only want reverb on the guitar when this happens. This is when I would like to put a DCA on the vocal effect send to be able to control the effect send very easy.

Now add 5 ore more vocalists and a couple of effects to see the benefits. Not a bullet proof way but something I would like to do sometimes. Ymmv!

quote:

– the matrix is configurable post or pre fader, pre eq(if you whant the same EQ you can use copy paste..(or maybe it is forbidden is Sweden)

Yes, it’s possible to set pre/post fader (missed that) but how do You set pre eq (and comp)?

quote:

-and of course my friend in iLIVE you can send group to aux and efx returns to aux or return it back to DSP mixer channel frough efx rack and again send it where you want and special for you the opportunity to loop exf is already here.

Yes, it’s possible to send from a group to aux (missed that one too) BUT not to fx. At least not in editor or am I missing something (that’s been known to happen…)?

quote:

so you better stop and by iLIVE or go back to analog forum.

?????????

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

it is already pre eq & comp, if you want the same just copy.

YOU missed to much game over.

by iLIVE

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

I think that only thing that scene needs is preview , the tree structure is past century..and i sincerely hope that in the future there will be no difference between show or scene and it will be only one BIG SCENE that loads in a moment and has preview fumction!

You’re welcome to your opinion. Perhaps I’m misreading why you seem to be interested in downplaying others’ suggestions. Since digital boards haven’t been around a century I’ll have to assume you’ve a flair for the dramatic.

In a perfect world I could configure scenes or shows in most any heirarchy I choose. However being well aware of software engineering and embedded programming, I opted for a solution I would find useful and less complicated to implement.

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Hi,

Would be nice to have a ratio control added to the gate to have the option of using it as an expander…

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I’ve just came back from Midas PRO2 seminar and I think they made an interesting thing about DCA (or control groups as they call them). There is mode when you’re able to use DCA fader to send assigned channels into aux. For example you have selected someone’s monitor mix and he wants bit more drums, so instead of turning up channels one by one you can turn up DCA fader. I think this is useful one.

ddff

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.