suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

people, learn to use real speaker processors. this is a mixing console!! not an ‘entire audio system in a box’
    what next??? please build in the microphones so i can just put the stage rack in the middle of the stage and be done with it!? noooooooo

Current stock:
    T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 1x xDR-16

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frozenwaffles

people, learn to use real speaker processors. this is a mixing console!! not an ‘entire audio system in a box’
    what next??? please build in the microphones so i can just put the stage rack in the middle of the stage and be done with it!? noooooooo

Current stock:

Yes, I am on board with the trend of packaging certain features like commoditized effects and basic outboard processing.
    If we are advocated more bells and whistles including replacing what other top manufacturers are already very good at, versus making the best and most RELIABLE console on the market, I would certainly put that product up for sale.

1. Partner with a top networking company and co brand a quality switch and router so we don’t have to use a piece of gear that is made for a residential home.

2. Clean up the code for faster start up times.

3. Advise the distribution network to keep in touch with their customers on issues and recalls that may affect me prior to a disaster on a high profile show.

This system is the best quality and bang for the buck in comparison to others. Great brands improve basic functionality and provide class 1 service.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

To answer the “use real outboard for speaker processing” brigade – that’s fair, but for many of us it’s OTT in terms of weight, space and expenditure, especially if there is enough DSP horsepower in systems like the mixing system to do the job required. We can reduce latency and potential for grounding/pre-amplifier noise by not having multiple pre-amplification, digital<->analogue conversion and DSP stages in the chain. It also reduces the number of points of failure – a big problem I encountered in similar analogue systems doing the same job as our digital deployment now does. On the one hand this is a bonus, but on the other hand it’s a problem if you don’t think about backup desks/PSU’s etc.

For jobs big enough to warrant separate system, monitor and house engineers, then by all means throw as many boxes as you need at the task. But for one-or-two-engineer shows that the majority of iLive users I’ve spoken with are deploying them on, simplifying the system really helps with deployment, troubleshooting and load-in/out!

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

For the poster who asked, what I would love to see is a Butterworth, a Linkwitz-Riley and a Bessel.

For the person who posted the rather snarky comment “people, learn to use real speaker processors. this is a mixing console!! not an ‘entire audio system in a box’–NO, it is not. As with many new digital mixers, it is much more. There are now EQ’s, compressors, limiters, effects, etc all built into, which are all traditional outboard gear. The same is true for crossovers.

Abstractnoise, while I agree with you on enabling 20–20k PEQ and am quite used to setting up an approximation of a crossover using the EQ’s on the ILive, its not quite the same as a true crossover is going to make the dB reduction very smoothly and predictably, and is going to permit you to really adjust the crossover settings between your highs and lowest much more precisely.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

The console should warn, if it drops sync. Or changes it to internal from ACE port B. It sounds really strange when it’s out of sync.

Jukka “Pitkä” Kurkela
    Äänimaisema Oy, Finland
    iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

In the SCENES window I would like to see the last recalled scene in GREEN with the next/ selected scene as it currently is in ORANGE. This would make scene management much easier to follow in a Theatre type show where lots of scenes are used. Also it would be great to be able to use an external touch screen with just the scenes window or meters/RTA etc as a fixed window (dual monitor support).

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

In the SCENES window I would like to see the last recalled scene in GREEN with the next/ selected scene as it currently is in ORANGE. This would make scene management much easier to follow in a Theatre type show where lots of scenes are used. Also it would be great to be able to use an external touch screen with just the scenes window or meters/RTA etc as a fixed window (dual monitor support).

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd

An iPad ap for scene management would really be nice(as mentioned before)

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Android support would be great as well

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

at least scene recall in ipad

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

You can route the outputs of the fx units to external mix inputs now.
    So for example you can route the output of the speaker matrix unit to the external input of a mix matrix channel if you wish. Any movement in gain on that channel relative to the other outputs will affect the 3/4/5 output soundfield across the stage. But i guess you may not be using the speaker matrix for its intended purpose.

Routing FX to Mix external inputs wasnt functional in v1.80. We enabled it in v1.81. But the latest is v1.83 anyway.

On the subject of ‘Fully featured cross-overs on mains’.
    I dont think the industry is up for this. Maybe one day!

This reminds me of when we started designing iLive 8 years ago, the concept of graphic EQ built into the mix channels was deemed strange. Also the question of integrated FX was questionable.

regards to all iLive users.
    RobC

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

OK, to all who need to understand why we use exeternal speaker processors…
    Go read up and get pricing on one of these: https://lake.labgruppen.com/products/lm_26_features/
    There is algorithms in there that are pateneted and will never ever be recreated by allen and heath or any other mixing console manufacturer for good reason.
    You can even run Dante so you have no A>D conversion and then you also get multitrack record options!!! (but you do have to have a SEPARATE laptop for that, i’m sorry)

Current stock:

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd

+1

Profile photo of Giorgiomotore
    Giorgiomotore
    Participant

Hi
    I would like to have the sidechainshowbars,when the sidechain is activated in another way then selfkeyd, showing up in a different color ie red or so.Gives a big help to prevent mistakes in stressed situations.

solong Flavio

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

Copy-paste for channel eq:s, dynamics etc….

Jukka “Pitkä” Kurkela
    Äänimaisema Oy, Finland
    iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Copy/Paste is already available for individual processing blocks as well as full channel processing and mix parameters:

Press SEL to select the channel. Hold down COPY and press the green SEL key in the processing block you want to copy (in rotary control section or on screen), for example the PEQ. That puts the PEQ on to the ‘clipboard’. Now hold down PASTE and press the strip SEL key of the channel you want to paste that EQ into. Continue holding Paste and pressing other strip SEL keys to paste into multiple channels.

Copy/Paste/Reset works with any green SEL or blue MIX key. What is copied or reset depends on which SEL or MIX key is pressed.
    I hope that helps,
    Carey

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.