suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

+another1 for the android

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Android app is a necessity, not a “good to have thing”.
    We all saw what happened with iphone vs android phones.

There is no reason we shouldn’t expect the same thing to happen in 6 to 12 months.

It would be nice to know if there is an intention to release an android app, if yes, a time frame…

Thank you.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    Where is my DANTE?

Profile photo of cyrus100
    cyrus100
    Participant

+1 for android as well ;)

Editor is written in Java
    Androids preffered language is Java
    So it shouldn’t be the big thing, because all classes should be reusable

Correct me if I’m wrong :)

idr32
    Editor only (3 times)
    Korg nano
    Dante soon

Profile photo of yonazdk
    yonazdk
    Participant

Agree the scene systems needs a major overhaul or a complete redesign.

All these things are needed from a theatre perspective:

Scene-cut/copy/insert is much needed (reorder is too slow)
    A scope-funktion for selecting what to store every time you hit store (“store scope” ?) perhaps with memory too.
    Scene-fading (selectable on/off pr channel)
    ON-THE-FLY channel-safe function: Yamaha does this. If you press and hold select while recalling a scene, the particular channel or channels don’t update. Very useful for dialogue channels e.g.
    Offset on scene-load (pm5d has this). Very useful for effects or background music. For i.e. you can turn on an effect and automatically open a radio mic 5 seconds later.
    Store button assignable to user-key
    Auto-advance function is weird. Needs to recall when “go” is pressed – it’s very confusing to have another scene than the current one highlighted all the time
    Speed – scene-loading needs to be much faster (as does startup time and reconfigure time)
    On a related note – scene-storing should happen in the background, so you’re not stuck for 10 seconds everytime you update a scene.
    This one is exciting: reconfigure the go-button to send a midi-string to something like cuelab wich then in turn sends the go-signal back when everything is ready. The userkeys are too far away to use for this. They should be in the lower-right corner on the next generation surface.

The key for theatre use is speed and easy access. If you’re programming during rehearsals you need to move along with what’s happening on stage. You need to be able to move scenes around, cut,copy and paste with lightning speed and to update a scene in a flash and move on right away. If you want to update a scene during a show, you have to be able to do that without being afraid of missing the next cue.

Then some other minor stuff:
    width control (or dual pan) on stereo channels and busses
    Perhaps a multiple pfl funktion (and dual path in the console if possible, so you can listen to one thing in the wedge while listening to another in in-ears) for multiple operators.
    Pitch-effect (but only if it’s really good – has to replace a TC Intonator or Antares ATR1)
    Distortion effect (right now I have a tube-screamer in the back of the case :D)
    Delay (effect) in notes corresponding to the tap-tempo and with a midi-set function.
    Keying comps on groups (from other groups or a channel)
    Better de-esser with width
    Personally I don’t need the graphics to go below 63 Hz, I find it’s a question of where you put your hi-pass filter, but an 8-band PEQ on busses would be an idea for a mkII system.

For R72:
    PEQ/COMP/ETC on-knobs function. Should work like it did on the Icon DP1000/DL1000. Could be accessed from userkeys.

This is one of the best systems out there, and with these features it would absolutely kill everything else. I love working on the iLive. I never feel irritated, and the sound is just sonic heaven :)

T112/iDR48

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Hi,

At present l use the custom user strips for control of mixrack and have 4 tabs set up (FoH, Mons, FX, and setup). l would like to be able to set up more tabs and have a monitor mix on each tab (which can be done already) but when a tab is clicked it goes to that page and automatically turns on the mix button for a preselected mix.

i.e.

When FoH tab is clicked the main mix is automatically selected
    When Mon1 tab is clicked aux1 mix is automatically selected.

This option should be able to be switched off for tabs like set-up and it certainly shouldn’t be latching.

Hope this makes sense…

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of camhissey
    camhissey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by yonazdk

Agree the scene systems needs a major overhaul or a complete redesign.

All these things are needed from a theatre perspective:

Scene-cut/copy/insert is much needed (reorder is too slow)
    A scope-funktion for selecting what to store every time you hit store (“store scope” ?) perhaps with memory too.
    Scene-fading (selectable on/off pr channel)
    ON-THE-FLY channel-safe function: Yamaha does this. If you press and hold select while recalling a scene, the particular channel or channels don’t update. Very useful for dialogue channels e.g.
    Offset on scene-load (pm5d has this). Very useful for effects or background music. For i.e. you can turn on an effect and automatically open a radio mic 5 seconds later.
    Store button assignable to user-key
    Auto-advance function is weird. Needs to recall when “go” is pressed – it’s very confusing to have another scene than the current one highlighted all the time
    Speed – scene-loading needs to be much faster (as does startup time and reconfigure time)
    On a related note – scene-storing should happen in the background, so you’re not stuck for 10 seconds everytime you update a scene.
    This one is exciting: reconfigure the go-button to send a midi-string to something like cuelab wich then in turn sends the go-signal back when everything is ready. The userkeys are too far away to use for this. They should be in the lower-right corner on the next generation surface.

The key for theatre use is speed and easy access. If you’re programming during rehearsals you need to move along with what’s happening on stage. You need to be able to move scenes around, cut,copy and paste with lightning speed and to update a scene in a flash and move on right away. If you want to update a scene during a show, you have to be able to do that without being afraid of missing the next cue.

Definitely Plus 1 for all of the above. We only use this console for theatre work in Sydney, and are planning on building our entry into the digital world on this platform. All that has been listed above is a must, especially fading and copy paste. Why cant I choose to have copy paste buttons on the console for scene use?

Another two things i really need added:

1. output trim on mains and auxiliarys – When CD level is at 0, fader is at 0 and mains are at 0 my amplifiers should not be limiting, and this has never been the case before. As every room we go into is different, often with a PA over-specced for the room. need to be able to adjust for this with an overall gain drop before leaving the digital world.

2. RTA redesign. This seems to have been built as a bit of an afterthought. The two greatest requirements needed here are the ability to adjust the gain of the response of the meters (without adjusting the gain on the channels you’re looking at) and also the ability to slow the response time. at present without slowing down it is near impossible to EQ a room adequately with Pink noise.

Thanks guys, I love the system, and I love that there are constant tweaks and improvements coming our way.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

1. output trim on mains and auxiliarys – When CD level is at 0, fader is at 0 and mains are at 0 my amplifiers should not be limiting, and this has never been the case before. As every room we go into is different, often with a PA over-specced for the room. need to be able to adjust for this with an overall gain drop before leaving the digital world.

You can use matrix mixes here, as you can easily setup additional outputs or different output configurations without affecting your current show.

quote:

2. RTA redesign. This seems to have been built as a bit of an afterthought. The two greatest requirements needed here are the ability to adjust the gain of the response of the meters (without adjusting the gain on the channels you’re looking at) and also the ability to slow the response time. at present without slowing down it is near impossible to EQ a room adequately with Pink noise.

It is impossible anyway to EQ a room adequately with pink noise.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

soundcheck-you have a empty room-show-you have a different room, i do change master eq during shows….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant
    Code:
    | [Yes] [No] |
    | |
    |______________________________________|

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Please rework the tap delay. right now it is not possible to use the softkeys as tap. it is not accurate enough.Even on the delay screen the indication flashes at an strange rate.
    I had some visiting BE’s and they got frustrated because the softkey/LED din’t respond well on there tapping

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

+1 for multiband comp

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Keyboard shortcuts for the possibility to rename channels without touching the console just using the external connected USB keyboard.
    -next
    -previous
    -apply
    would be cool

Maybe we can use a normal computer keyboard for scene editing as well, would save time I guess..,

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a&h has one of the best bpm detect systems within their pro dj stuff.
    i mean
    1. open up delay
    2. select channel to trigger (kick/snare/hat whatever)
    presets such as : tight (exact) and sloppy (getting slower for reggae)

that would be a smasher (i am old and lazy..dont even want to tap anymore[;)])
    DELAY.jpg

its called: smoaag daa joint maan (name registered)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

Keyboard shortcuts for the possibility to rename channels without touching the console just using the external connected USB keyboard.
    -next
    -previous
    -apply
    would be cool

Maybe we can use a normal computer keyboard for scene editing as well, would save time I guess..,

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

+ 1 Yes Yes Yes Please! Very annoying at the moment that you have to use the surface or touch screen to select the next channel or to apply a name edit when using an external keyboard. Thats because hittin ENTER closes the name edit window! My suggestion would be > arrow = enter name and select next strip, < arrow = enter name and select previous channel strip, Enter key = enter name and close window (it does this now), Up arrow or backspace keys = cancel and close window, Down arrow = enter name and leave name window open – Or something like that.
    Needs to work like Editor does so you can quickly name channels without taking hands from the keyboard.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad, dual M Dante/DVC

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

a&h has one of the best bpm detect systems within their pro dj stuff.
    i mean
    1. open up delay
    2. select channel to trigger (kick/snare/hat whatever)
    presets such as : tight (exact) and sloppy (getting slower for reggae)

that would be a smasher (i am old and lazy..dont even want to tap anymore[;)])
    DELAY.jpg

its called: smoaag daa joint maan (name registered)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Seriously Dave, why haven’t A&H put you on the payroll yet – even if it’s just to design their GUI’s. Love your work Rastaman.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless) with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.