suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by camhissey

How about, dont automatically assign all my channels to Main Mix outputs!!! every time i make changes to my mix setup, it reassigns everything to the main mix, very frustrating when you are using all the IP channels and have to change them again.

Just recall a scene after you have done the mix setup change to reset your assignments

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of camhissey
    camhissey
    Participant

yes I hadnt got to a point of creating scenes for the show I was setting up before having to re-jig the mix setup. wont make that mistake again!

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

quote:

Originally posted by camhissey

How about, dont automatically assign all my channels to Main Mix outputs!!! every time i make changes to my mix setup, it reassigns everything to the main mix, very frustrating when you are using all the IP channels and have to change them again.

Just recall a scene after you have done the mix setup change to reset your assignments

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Apesound
    Apesound
    Participant

I would like to the geq go down below 63hz

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

A single master view on the surface screen would be great with all inputs, outputs and gating / compression visible at once. I know you can get 16 or so ins and outs of your choice up in the user profile or plug in editor but it would be nice to see the whole lot at once. Obviously there might be screen resolution limitations.
    Jim

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of Philip-Adlam
    Philip-Adlam
    Participant

Hi, great system.

I would love to see the addition of aux controls to the midi-tcp/ip spec.
    Or alternatively a 24 rotary pl10?

Also please introduce a way of adding planet control to foh for the t series. This makes such a massive difference for selecting the mix button, aka Softkeys.

Or

Rock-Tech
    sound … lights … video

Profile photo of Philip-Adlam
    Philip-Adlam
    Participant

Or perhaps a softkey extender. I could easily justify 24. Instead of the 8 on board

Can we also have rgb control over the strip colour. Or the ability to add custom colours. We quickly ran out of options! Especially when you’re trying to highlight a specific channel.

It’s been mentioned before, but an ‘insert a scene’ feature would be really useful. simply shuffle all the scene numbers down by one until there is a blank space. Doing that by hand is hardwork!

Rock-Tech
    sound … lights … video

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Philip Adlam

It’s been mentioned before, but an ‘insert a scene’ feature would be really useful. simply shuffle all the scene numbers down by one until there is a blank space. Doing that by hand is hardwork!

Rock-Tech
    sound … lights … video

The problem I could see with “Insert a scene” would be, what happens to the last scene in your scene list, and/or where does the scene you inserted come from? Is it the next available open scene, the last available open scene? What happens to any softkeys that are assigned to recall a specific scene? Do they recall the same scene number or now the scene where it was moved to?

Why not use the “Reorder” mode and move in an empty scene to where you want the scene inserted? This allows you to move a scene from anywhere in the list and place it where you choose.
    Or is this not the same thing you were trying to do?
    It`s quick and easy. About 5 or 6 quick steps to complete.

On a side note: One thing I would like to have is the ability to see when I last saved the selected scene. Was it 5 minutes ago, 10 minutes ago, today, yesterday, last week, etc.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of cyrus100
    cyrus100
    Participant

Hi,
    it was mentioned a few times above, but I want to push this topic:)
    We would like to have some kind of room tuning tool in the GEQ/RTA section.
    Today we are using a DBX Driverack, for the mains and doing the monitors manual.
    I think it would be time/weight/cable saving to have this done by the system.

Another thing is, that I would like to have a more detailed user access system:
    The situation is the following:
    Our keyboarder also has editor installed to tweak his iem’s on his own. But he should not play with the rest :)
    So optimum solution would be, just give him the rights on the IEMs and its mix.
    Probably this is possible with some kind of different connection from editor, which just loads this special channels and IEM channel set as default mix.

Best regards

idr32
    Editor only (3 times)
    Korg nano
    Dante soon

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by cyrus100

Our keyboarder also has editor installed to tweak his iem’s on his own. But he should not play with the rest :)
    Probably this is possible with some kind of different connection from editor, which just loads this special channels and IEM channel set as default mix.

unless he is not a mean person (wants to mess up other musicians mixes)
    just built him a custom layer in editor..although your idea is correct
    specially when you have musicians not knowing the system,this would be
    a “right issue” for the admin where you just would give access to his aux.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

Quote:
    Originally posted by cyrus100

I agree – building a custom strip is one thing, but you only have to have the player accidentally hit a mix button in the middle of the gig & all of a sudden they’re mixing front of house (and in wild and exaggerated ways because they’re not hearing the changes they thought they would in their monitor!). A custom login with specific access rights sounds like a great idea.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

mumu, Biggsounds, You guys have a great Idea here. This is something theat I have looked at several times. Personal monitor mix is getting to be a bigger selling point for some other systems. It is also something that would make the I-Live system a more complete system(already great bang for the buck). After working with other software that is out there, they have a remote that links via TCP/IP to the host editor. Then pass word protected for each(up to 24) monitor mixes from 24 different remote computers or tablets. Something like thi would be a really nice added feature for Allen And Heath. Would likely make a lot more secure for the end novice user and a great added selling point for the system as a whole. Our drummer is tone deaf and in a seperate romm. He Loves the editor but would be real bad if he ended up making changes to the FOH-

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by VOLCANOJEFF

mumu, Biggsounds, You guys have a great Idea here. This is something theat I have looked at several times. Personal monitor mix is getting to be a bigger selling point for some other systems. It is also something that would make the I-Live system a more complete system(already great bang for the buck). After working with other software that is out there, they have a remote that links via TCP/IP to the host editor. Then pass word protected for each(up to 24) monitor mixes from 24 different remote computers or tablets. Something like thi would be a really nice added feature for Allen And Heath. Would likely make a lot more secure for the end novice user and a great added selling point for the system as a whole. Our drummer is tone deaf and in a seperate romm. He Loves the editor but would be real bad if he ended up making changes to the FOH-

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Would be nice to have some kind of aux only app for ipad(or ipad like device with audio) and then tunnel a stereo signal back to the ipad.So that you can’t accidentally change something with FOH

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of darreno
    darreno
    Participant

This would be huge!!! We use our scenes to make adjustments between worship, preaching, and pre/post service at our church. The instant change between scenes has caused some ugly cut-offs.

quote:

Originally posted by brycelarson

I would love to see timing available on scene recall – crossfade times. This would allow timed panning, channel level etc to be stored and recalled.

-Bryce Larson
    Production Manager
    The Arts Center on 7
    bryce@minnetonkatheatre.com

Profile photo of darreno
    darreno
    Participant

I’m still waiting on an Android app for the iLive. Not all of us are big fans of the ipad or iphone and in my opinion the Android OS is much more versatile and stable than that on the iPad.

Profile photo of ThomasB
    ThomasB
    Participant

+1 for the android

IDR 48 T80

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.