suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

Gate with “upside-down” treshold to open audience mics or talkback when song pauses.

…and the multibands… [:D]

Jukka “Pitkä” Kurkela
    Äänimaisema Oy, Finland
    iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

HI developers ! thanks for the parallel compression :)))!
    in next edition many Russian sound engineers are waiting for:
    1 : DE-ESSER with option to choose the attenuation band TYPE ! not only this poor notch filter!
    2 : multiband compressor! at least 3 bands better 4:)
    3 : the ” L C R plus” configuration – needs also the SUB send knob! on each channel (it’s very uncomfortable to organize sub send on aux in year 2011:))) come on!
    4 : a option to map to midi chanell SEL & MIX !

2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

These suggestions are very much needed! Width control for the DeEsser…!

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

HI developers ! thanks for the parallel compression :)))!
    in next edition many Russian sound engineers are waiting for:
    1 : DE-ESSER with option to choose the attenuation band TYPE ! not only this poor notch filter!
    2 : multiband compressor! at least 3 bands better 4:)
    3 : the ” L C R plus” configuration – needs also the SUB send knob! on each channel (it’s very uncomfortable to organize sub send on aux in year 2011:))) come on!
    4 : a option to map to midi chanell SEL & MIX !

2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of spart
    spart
    Participant

Hy

+1 for delay (rythme)
    +1 for multiband comp

And a good scene editor (like YAMAHA “global paste)

denis

denis

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

im sure this has been mentioned before, but if/when you make the next surface… please put a usb port on the front of the console, maybe near the headphone jacks…

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I don’t know how practical it might be, but it would be fantastic if you could have multiple pfls (assignable to control surface/editor/iPad app etc)… I guess you’d have to assign pfl outputs on the mix rack outputs but it would still be very handy for multiple controller scenarios!

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

+1 for variable (or at least selectable) width DeEsser. That would rock my world, especially for those of us using cheaper head-worn mics than we’d like!

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Profile photo of maartengeluid
    maartengeluid
    Participant

+1 for the multiple PFL’s in editor/Ipad/dual surface…
    This can be the final descision to buy ;-)

an idea: a delay on the crosspoints (input 1 – 10 ms delay to out 1, 12ms to out 2,…)
    With this feature you could have a small “timax” system.
    Even more value for money!

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

+1 for the delay!!!!! delay in notes, longer delay ! thanks

2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Instead of the compressor side chain options only going forward in channel count could we have an option to use the previous channels instead? For instance I would like to key my bass compressor with the kick drum. Bass is in channel 11 and the bass drum is in channel 4. Currently it is not possible for me to do this. Please make it possible!

A global pre-post button for aux channels on the touch screen and in the software. clicking pre on 48+ channels for 9 aux channels is a royal pain in the rear.

Panning control of channels assigned to aux channels on the iPad.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of kjell@jll.no
    kjell@jll.no
    Participant

you don’t push pre on 48ch. You just select pre on the AUX channel it self, and then all channels are PRE on this AUX.
    Don’t have the mix in front of me, but if I remember correctly you just push PRE and the SEL on the AUX. Then you are ready to go :D

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kjell@jll.no

you don’t push pre on 48ch. You just select pre on the AUX channel it self, and then all channels are PRE on this AUX.
    Don’t have the mix in front of me, but if I remember correctly you just push PRE and the SEL on the AUX. Then you are ready to go :D

My post was for the editor but, found it in a right mouse click…thoroughly hidden.lol.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of camhissey
    camhissey
    Participant

Don’t know if this has been suggested thoroughly already (20 pages of “wants” is a lot to read!!)

I am mixing live theatre with my iLive, which usually consists of 20 radio mics on singers plus 28+ channels from an orchestra.

I would LOVE to have the ability to load in a collection of audio files (from a USB stick or HDD), and, as scenes interjected throughout my show, fire off SFX which can be routed to any combination of outputs at differing levels to each, as often SFX need to appear to be coming from different areas of the stage, usually from different foldback wedges.

Thanks!

Cam

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Maybe thats something that’s achievable with either Dante or MADI via ableton or the like?

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

This could also be done with an external midi triggerable file player/ sample player etc using scene program change messages although it would be great if custom midi messages could be sent with a scene recall either with other scene data or as an edited scene so that only the midi message is sent on a scene recall. Returning audio can be programed to be routed to any output already.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.