suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Found something else:

Can we have the direct output able to be set different for different channels e.g. Prefader for ch 41 and post fader for ch 50 rather than just a global one.

I use some for feeding FX and some for feeding the ‘more me’ channel for the IEM.

thanks.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

On the smaller iLive surfaces (R80 and R72) I think it would be good to be able to scroll the qraphic EQ when in GEQ fader flip mode rather than bank through them. At the moment on the R72 when you flip the GEQ you get just 8 faders which are mapped to the lowest freq’s first, then if you press the GEQ flip again you get the next set of 8 freq’s etc. So it takes four button presses to get to the high freq’s and another press before you get returned to your current mix. This is not good! How about this: press the GEQ flip button then on the far right encoder (above the GEQ master fader) just turn the encoder to scroll through the GEQ frequencies. This could scroll an 8 fader bank at a time or preferably scroll a single freq (left or right)at a time. Another press on the GEQ flip button could then return to your mix but with the last used GEQ “view” remembered so that if you hit GEQ flip again the last used freq’s will be there in view again.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of ST-Specialty-Sounds
    ST-Specialty-Sounds
    Participant

It would be nice to have a Quick Input Select under MixerPref, to change the input to madi in the ilive editor software like you can do it on the consoles for virtual soundcheck or just for playback that was just recorded.

Thank you.

Profile photo of spart
    spart
    Participant

Hello.
    After many show. I really want a real safe function (like yamaha, safing all parameters 1 per 1). And a real “global paste”function (yamaha example). I In ear monitor ingeneer, i’ve change PM5D RH for ILIVE 144, this 2 function are very IMPORTANT for working with memory in a show.

The stereo delay need more parameters (rythme function) not the same dly for the L & the R chanel on a 1 button.

Thank you best reguards.

denis

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Hi A&H,

I’m just reposting this in the suggestions subject.

Thanks for implementing scene auto-advance but….
    I think the scene auto-advance could be implemented in a better way!

Now it recalls the highlighted scene and then highlights the next one. Every update you want to do this way will update the wrong scene as the next one is already highlighted.

My proposal:

OR
    Auto-advance should happen right before the recall (but this is still not ideal as it’s confusing, therefore the alternative below)
    OR
    BETTER: TWO HIGHLIGHTS or indicators should be created, one to show the active scene (the one that will be updated when pressing update and the by default shows the scene that was last recalled!!!!) AND a different highlight or an indicator to show the one that’s up for RECALL.

I would prefer the highlight for the ACTIVE scene (the one that was last recalled and the one that will be updated when pressing update)

AND a possibility to EXCLUDE certain scenes from this highlight after recall behaviour (replace it with another kind of confirmation but leave the highlight where it is) for what I would call TECHNICAL scenes (set-up scenes, scenes where only strip changes or Planet-configurations change). Otherwise we’ll soon be stuck! Functional, if you would exclude a scene from highlight behaviour, then the auto-advance on recall should put the recall indicator still on the first non-empty scene after the highlighted scene, which will still be the scene that was highlighted before the recall of the excluded scene. Doing it that way, the scene list progression will remain intact even if people decide to use some scenes just to change the lay-out of their surface for instance.

For the scene that’s up for recall I would like an indicator instead of the highlight. That way the user would also get a VISUAL indication that a scene recall has succeeded because the scene will then be highlighted after the recall. (I’ve had some problems with the editor not responding to my recall request for that matter, I could only hear it and not see it)

Edited by – woutert on 02/02/2011 12:26:04

RayS

Canada
    99 Posts

Posted – 02/02/2011 : 17:57:15 Show Profile Reply with Quote

+1 on the scene management …….. it is dismal at best, I would certainly not want to have to do theatre in its present state……..I don’t know how many times I inadvertently updated the wrong scene………scene fading/timed recall has been an integral part of digital consoles at least since the introduction of the venerable 02R.more than 20 yrs ago…….! while I can appreciate that some of the features implemented in 1.8 have been in the works for sometime there is some urgency here to get the system on par with its competitors……digico and avid consoles have very usable scene management schemes, and both have provisions for external plug ins……the yamahas have the dante and the ipad app……and we get……… a speaker processor???

There is not one instance of a rental or installed system where I would be required to have my own system processor…. especially with the likes of Galileos, Lake contours, soundwebs DN9848 etc.. out there

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Stix

New Zealand
    179 Posts

Posted – 02/02/2011 : 21:14:11 Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
    I agree that we need better scene functionality. My suggestion from long ago was to have the active scene highlighted in a colour (say green) with the next selected scene in orange. What could be done then is to have the store all and update buttons split in half so that say the left half of the switch is green (store to active scene) and the right side orange (store to selected scene). Or perhaps we need the names of the scenes that will be affected displayed by the buttons? There is no doubt that it is very easy to accidentally update or store to the wrong scene and that is especially so now if auto advance is on.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by niki

“QWERTY” keyboard :-)

plug it in the USB-port, no problem

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

after 3 jears working with iLive systems:
    – i realy missing a ducker-function in the subgroups! (sidechain compressor from group to group is enough)
    – distortion-FX
    – pitch-FX
    – dynamic-EQ

please hear these wishes, almighty A&H ;-)

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

-1 on feedback supression for the following reasons..

1) Its a feature associated with lower quality brands and its very existence would lower the perceived quality of the product.
    2) These things teach bad habits, people begin to rely on them and all of a sudden they have a mix with 30 x 64db notch filters in it, wondering why the mix sounds like pooh.

A well balanced mix through pro speakers and microphones does not feed back. The i-Live already has all the tools you need to make a monitor mix sound great… PEQ, GEQ and Gates prevent feedback in 99.9% of situations. Feedback supressors are like training wheels, I don’t want training wheels on my mixer thanks :)

A feedback supressor in the hands of a pro might be used correctly, but really, a pro doesn’t need one in the first place, which means they are more likely to be mis-used and therefore tarnish the name of the board by sounding crap. My vote is that if you want a feedback supressor, buy it seperately and insert it yourself.

Fundamentally, feedback is a sign of too much gain for a system. The cause can be crap mics or crap speakers or crap acoustics but using an automated tool to overcome a fundamental acoustic flaw is never a good idea. I always recommend trying to fix whichever of the 3 things is causing the problem in the first place.

The RTA function is more than enough to enable someone without a good ear to ring out a system prior to the gig and if you can’t hear that a mix is about to feedback then you shouldn’t really be mixing monitors. The correct time to fix a feedback issue is not 0.3 seconds after it feeds back. It is 0.6 seconds before it feeds back!

Regarding the scenes comments, I personally don’t have too much of an issue with the current way it works. I find it pretty powerful and significantly more powerful than most of the systems out there. Dumbing down the functionality to make it easier to use does not appeal to me. Granted we use our systems mainly in festival situations not theatre, but in this environment the scenes work very well. Perhaps it needs a theatre mode or a simple mode. One of the issues with having such a flexible system is that in order to be of any use, the saving mechanism must also be flexible. The ability to only store individual components of a configuration is very useful.

Toby
    http://www.np.co.nz

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

+1 feedback surpressors are like built in compressors / processors in small hk systems
    you re working and you have automated fool working against you……

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

+1 feedback surpressors are like built in compressors / processors in small hk systems

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

so you mean -1 on feedback processors? :-)

How cool would it be to really organize an online voting on possible new features for the ilive range? A&H define the possible choices in a shortlist, we vote? :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Figure out how to feed a stereo audio signal back to an iPad from an aux and come up with a quality headphone amp adapter to plug into the sync port so we can use it like an Aviom.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

right i dont want it – sorry (confusion will be my epitaph[;)])

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

cheers
    dave

so you mean -1 on feedback processors? :-)

How cool would it be to really organize an online voting on possible new features for the ilive range? A&H define the possible choices in a shortlist, we vote? :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

A&H,
    please rework the delay effect in the next release. delay in notes, quarter note…, more repeat settings ( counts 1,2…. ) feedback in percentage

thanks
    Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1454

sorry – posted in a seperate topic … havent seen this one before.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

+1 for more delay types. Would be great to have some TC style- like 2290 or D TWO. Note and repeat cycle functions necessary.

ddff

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.