suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

You are correct I have a few “nested” DCAs and I would not be selecting that one master DCA for this purpose. I am just not sure about it sliding over the DCA. I am use to certain faders being in certain places and having it slide over in the middle of a show means I have to take my eyes off of what’s going on on the stage to make sure I am adjusting the proper faders. So leave the DCA where it is and have the channels come up in the bank to the left of the DCA starting with layer A and wrapping to Layer B if need be. If the DCA is in the left bank Then the channels should come up in the next bank to the right. All this makes me wonder how much horse power it will take up.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

I dont think that it would require a lot of horse power. Is i not just like changing a scene? In fact its just changing the strip layout. This function would just use the existing channels but rearrange them on the surface in another way for quick access. Only using the left bank is indeed maybe better. Like I said earlier, maximum16 channels to be practical.

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

Guitar tuner [:D]

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Having just gone to my friendly local computer store to test run Editor on a 23″ touchscreen I have to say the ability to resize the controls (in particular the faders and buttons) is at the absolute top of my wish list!!! It was pretty much impossible, so I’m back to looking at just a laptop to do this now :(

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

Having just gone to my friendly local computer store to test run Editor on a 23″ touchscreen I have to say the ability to resize the controls (in particular the faders and buttons) is at the absolute top of my wish list!!! It was pretty much impossible, so I’m back to looking at just a laptop to do this now :(

Don’t give up! You should start the “magnifier” program in Windows 7!

(Start/Execute and then type “magnifier” if your windows is the english version at least :-) )

Put it in fullscreen mode and magnify to 150%. Works great as a workaround! I tried it too with a 23″ touchscreen.

Still looking for the best touchscreen AIO however. So far I tested, HP, Acer, and I’m going to try the MSI Wind TOp AE2400 soon.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Biggsounds
    Participant

Great thinking! This was an Asus touchscreen – I doubt they’ll have removed the Editor before tomorrow, I’ll go back and try out your suggestion, sounds like a viable workaround (until the boffins add this natively – soon please!!!).
    So then all I want for christmas is comprehensive midi parameter control directly in Editor…too much to ask ;)?

Biggsounds
    Participant

The magnifier function is a winner! Not perfect, but an acceptable workaround (especially with a stylus)! Great thinking…

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

The magnifier function is a winner! Not perfect, but an acceptable workaround (especially with a stylus)! Great thinking…

Credits should go to Mumu aka Dave. He’s the one who told me the idea.

Glad I could help,

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of JustinSumrall
    JustinSumrall
    Participant

Put the save to USB key on the same page as the scenes page.

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

What about having fader control for effects? Like right bank faders to be able to control effect parameters. In FX site there could be button “parameters on faders” and they are! First page containing main parameters like rev time, pre delay, hi cut etc. Pushing the button again moves to less used parameters. Parameter’s name of course appears at strip. Ther could be also user key assign to get to certain effect parameters very fast.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

EDITOR SUGGESTIONS
    Can we have a much larger (Wider) target select area for the faders in editor please. The target select area could include the section over the channel meter effectively making the fader select area twice as big. This will be of benefit to touch enabled or hi res screens as it is difficult to hit the small vertical fader target area with the mouse pointer. You are normally moving the mouse horizontally when tying to select a narrow vertical fader target.

Can we have “Next” & “Previous” channel buttons in the processing windows (perhaps move the current tabs to the right and put the Next/Previous buttons where the current “All” and “Ext Input/Preamp” tabs are now and straight below the window title which displays the current selected channel. Then – have persistent windows when you press the next/previous buttons – especially for the GEQ and PEQ. This will speed up making similar changes to many channels or for quickly selecting/adjusting monitor GEQ’s etc.

Replace the laptop arrow L/R Keys (currently fine level up/down) commands to select Next (R arrow) and Previous (L Arrow) channels. With the up arrow (level up) and down arrows (Level Down) plus modifier keys (course/fine) used to adjust levels as they do now. I also just found out that on my MacBook Pro that selecting Function/Home (Left arrow) will send a fader to FULL!! or Function/End sets fader to fully Off! Scary!!! Can this be prevented?

How about a small non target area (space) between the Mute and PAFL keys so you are less likely to hit mute when you meant to hit PAFL! Perhaps put the channel type there (eq IP,GP, AUX etc) but make it non selectable so you still have to hit the name part (below PAFL) to name or color the channel?

SCENES: A way to repeat paste a scene or group of scenes. Can this be done currently in reorder mode without needing to reselect the scenes to be pasted each time? This is because for theatre scene saving you need to use the update scene save (not store all) so scenes need to already have been saved with required parameters. Either that or a couple of “Custom Store” buttons where you preselect what gets stored/excluded with that button (save) press.

Thats my wish list for now!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

EDITOR SUGGESTIONS

SCENES: A way to repeat paste a scene or group of scenes. Can this be done currently in reorder mode without needing to reselect the scenes to be pasted each time? This is because for theatre scene saving you need to use the update scene save (not store all) so scenes need to already have been saved with required parameters. Either that or a couple of “Custom Store” buttons where you preselect what gets stored/excluded with that button (save) press.

Not specific to the editor, because it’s also needed on the console: relating to theatrical scene pre-loading as mentioned above. I have to copy a scene and then paste it individually into 200+ scenes to get the default store parameters (fader-only, mute-only) pre-loaded so I can eventually “update” the scene during programming. I would LOVE to have the ability to copy a scene and then paste it to a range of scenes, all in one step!

And adding a request (yet again) for the ability to have the option to have the GO button auto-advance to the next populated scene.

Dave

Profile photo of SkiTV
    SkiTV
    Participant

Forgive me if either of these ideas has been mentioned in the 16 pages of suggestions:

I’d love to see some sort of “Instant Messaging” between the console and whatever device is running Editor. In a perfect word both parties may be on intercom, but I’ll sit in the audience with the laptop tweaking the mix from the console – it’s not uncommon I’d love to get a message to the operator upstairs.

Also – I’d love to be able to drag and drop channels in the editor software. Many shows/weeks, I could do 90% of my mix on the first layer, but sometimes need inputs the are programmed on the 3rd layer…being able to simply grab that channel (with associated parameters) and dragging it to the first layer would be a big time saver. Sure it’s easy to reprogram, but I’d love to not have to. The information is already in the console – I’d just like to rearrange the layout.

I’m sure it’s possible in Editor, but I have yet to figure out how – a custom layout where programmed channels that you don’t need can be invisible – or absent so if you’re only mixing 20 channels you don’t have 48 to look through.

I love the system, and 6 months in even our analog guys without computer skills are doing well with it.

John Cox
    Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church Audio Team
    iLive 112-T/idr48

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Since we now have ACE port B to A for dual racks, I would like to see a port B to A for digital splits as well.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i hope it has not been said yet:
    editor:

ability to save various custom layouts (forgotten?)

free assignable shortcuts for editor

assignable geq “faders” to pl6

general:

and to point out again: ganged channels delay RELATIVE MODE

example kick delay is 3m snare is 3.20m – i raise kick to 4m the snare follows to 4.20m

this makes life a lot easyer and believe me working with channel delays is a killer in bad rooms

in fact for me the two main advantages of digital live mixing are channel delays AND the possibility to move the f.o.h. in case the venue is not,or lets say badly visited.(i want to be with the crowd so i hear what they hear)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.