suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by cdennewitz

I have one that may have been covered, but I would like the ablity to change the size of the window in the editor. Most of the time I am running editor on dual monitors and have the program stretched across both monitors so if I could stretch the boxes and not have to worry about the slide bars and panning back and forth. That would be great!

Chad

I always resize the windows in the editor, so i don’t have to use layers, I just size the custom layout and drag all the things i need onto it. No scroll bars…
    It’s true that you have to position your mouse pointer really well to resize the windows.

Hope this can help…

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

With the new scene control in the 1.61 editor, it would be good if this could be in sync with the one on the surface it is attached to so the scene list and recent / next were the same – or maybe optional.

Extend the frequencies for parametric EQ further for situations where you need more control in a given area or for Sub crossover in the Matrix output EQ.

Stereo / mono doesn’t change the channel numbers forcing you to revise the channel list in Excel and reloading. Similarly, if the channel is stereo and you make them mono, the ‘other’ channel gets named after channel 1.

Nested DCAs so I can make a mute group or controlled DCA of other DCAs so that I don’t have to redefine two DCAs if I change one.

If have Rotary on ‘Trim’ can control knobs be on Pre-amp gain? Or, can the Phantom button still work when “trim on surface”

That’s all I can think of for this iteration (+ previous ones – especially width)

thanks

Duncan

Profile photo of AgentSmith
    AgentSmith
    Participant

I think the vga output can be more useful if it doesn’t only replace the touchscreen view but showing something you have to control every time like meters or a particolar channel or other stuffs.
    In this case would be a great thing to add also mouse and keyboard to interface to the system without the presence of an external pc.
    I also noticed a strange thing using t122,idr32 and a pc with the editor connected to the stagebox:when you log in pc with a different user of the current, it will switch all the system to this user with his privileges.
    This can be a problem if the new user has lower privileges than the old one.Can we have different users logged at the same time?

Thanks

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi AgentSmith

quote:

In this case would be a great thing to add also mouse and keyboard to interface to the system without the presence of an external pc.

You can plug in a USB Keyboard & Mouse for basic naming channels and selection. once you have plugged the keyboard in press F1 to display the mouse pointer and F2 to hide the mouse pointer.

The User login changes when using editor is a known issue and will be fixed in future firmware.

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of AgentSmith
    AgentSmith
    Participant

thanks for the info…is there anything about the external screen??

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Things I would like – my vote is for:-

• A single fader for LR with pan and sub drive on the rotary knobs – a space saver for the 80 and 72 surfaces.
    • Dynamic EQ – one band of a BSS901
    • iLive editor – an option that links the select function and clicking the fader – this would improve direct computer operation.
    • A 24 dB LR low pass filter for the sub out and high pass 24dB LR for the L+R – I don’t think the desk should be a crossover, but a function that allowed different subs to be mixed and matched with various FOH cabinets and driven off the sub send without an additional crossover would be great.

Peter

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Scrolling labels on the 112t when the channel is selected. Why have the long names available if you cant read the whole thing on the console.

112T/IDR48

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

O yeah single fader LR it would be great!!!

Mario

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by aqstyk

O yeah single fader LR it would be great!!!

Mario

With a panorama-control then of course! Yep, my vote as well.
    I always use (and loose) a matrix fader or a DCA fader for that now.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I would like an ACE to Ethernet adapter with asio drivers to be able to connect to a PC’s Ethernet port from an ACE port to multitrack record with. Two way audio would be fabulous but, one way is fine.

Yes I know there is ethersound and madi and at some point dante but, the cost…

112T/IDR48

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

Just got our R-72. Very Nice!
    One immediate frustration for a user used to our 144 surface is the GEQ to fader function with so few faders. It would be a great improvement if the fader scope could be selected by selecting the centre band on the touch screen.
    cheers,
    Marc

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

iPhone app seems to be coming ;-)

24/12 MixRack would be also something.

What about Lake controller at iLive screen? And Smaart [:D]

SMS via iLive from screen to srenn as alternative “talkback” in situations when extreme silence is needed or other engineer does not notice / hear audio talkback.

Pitk.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pitk
    SMS via iLive from screen to screen…

Yes!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

quote:

Originally posted by Pitk
    SMS via iLive from screen to screen…

Yes!

+1

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

i would love options for5 changing the ‘measurement units’ of certain things, such as release time.
    also can we have a better de-esser or at least Q function for it! please!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.