suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bucks

Hi Dave

R.e Patching in editor, have you tried the drag and drop mode ? Just press I/O button under Setup Mode, click and hold on the I/P XLR you want to patch, and drag it to an input channel, then release.

Also works for output pacthing, just drag the o/p channel to an xlr.

Its a lot faster than setting each one up manually.

Andy
    A&H

I missed that one, sounds good. (As I have to change my 30 channels dual patch into a 32 channel dual patch)

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

” You could do that using Stereo Matrix as IEM sends: Check out my post: https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1067

Cool,

That’s another good idea. I was wondering about something along those lines so that you for bringing it out. My only thing about that is that it is a waste of a whole Aux to use it for one voice hence the bring a channel straight through thing which CAN be done but not in stereo without using 2 IP channels for it. Hence my request.

I rally appreciate this forum – its great.

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

We’ve got 80T and 112T with two iDr32:s linked with M-ACE. System works really well and sounds good. We really like the Talkback option, but there could be a softkey assignation for TB alert, f ex a flashind circle on screen.

Multiband compressor and dynamic eq [:D]

Distortion.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hmm the channel delay issue:
    drums:
    get the default distance to foh with the laser
    – you are 1 meter in front of the drums doing this,
    – your mate holds his hand right there where the mic is to point the laser
    – this will be the basic setup for your drummer
    – “bd out” is closest,snare a bit further on e.t.c.
    – igang all the drumchannels together
    – ganging parameter is only the delay
    – i need to be able to say “relative mode”
    – then i can “grab” the “bd out” channeldelay
    (in this case closest to f.o.h.) and raise/decrease the delay
    – all the ganged drumchannels follow!
    (by the way i want more ganging 16 instead of 8 i would give up a effect for this)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

I have one that may have been covered, but I would like the ablity to change the size of the window in the editor. Most of the time I am running editor on dual monitors and have the program stretched across both monitors so if I could stretch the boxes and not have to worry about the slide bars and panning back and forth. That would be great!

Chad

Profile photo of fcb
    fcb
    Participant

I would like a phaser effect.
    I would also like an autotune effect.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I need a Undo-Scene.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I need a Undo-Scene.

My vote as well.

Plus in the scene control simulation it think it’s really needed that the screen shows the latest scene that has been recalled, even if that didn’t happen from the scene control screen (via MIDI for instance). Moreover, the option to do “recall the next (non-empty) scene”

Also my vote for a documented API to write little apps on the ilive starting with reading the parameters, not even writing, so i could show the scene list + the last recalled scene in a huge font on my screen.

It would allow the iLive platform to grow faster and create even more community sense amongst the users/owners and be quite a new/trendy development in the proaudio mixingdesk sector.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

I would still love a “Width” control on stereo channels.

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

Plus in the scene control simulation it think it’s really needed that the screen shows the latest scene that has been recalled, even if that didn’t happen from the scene control screen (via MIDI for instance). Moreover, the option to do “recall the next (non-empty) scene”

Agreed on a MIDI scene recall needing to highlight the recalled scene. Without that highlighting, it’s nearly impossible to do a fast Update on the recalled scene before recalling the next scene.

I just tried to run a musical on our new T112 using SFX to recall the scenes via MIDI Program Changes. I quickly found out that was pretty much unworkable because the scene manager didn’t move to (highlight) the scene I had just recalled. So I had to dump SFX for scene recall and use the iLive’s scene manager. And without the option to have GO auto-advance to the next scene, that was less than ideal, too.

I love the new mixer, but the scene manager still needs some work for use in theatrical settings.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I need a Undo-Scene.

Like “undo that last song the band did just play?”. Or even the whole night ;-)

Seriously, I would like to have that kind of safety belt, too. Like the last state of the desk just before a scene was recalled.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

hello,

on the Grand MA lighting desk you have a actual “oops” button, re-doing every last step you did, endlessly, so pressing again will re-do/undo the step before that etc.

and a auto scene increment….

please…

gijsbert

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gijsbert

on the Grand MA lighting desk you have a actual “oops” button,

Yeah but thats only because Lighting people are not as intelligent as Sound people and they need to be able to correct their mistakes frequently haha

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

quote:

Originally posted by Gijsbert

on the Grand MA lighting desk you have a actual “oops” button,

Yeah but thats only because Lighting people are not as intelligent as Sound people and they need to be able to correct their mistakes frequently haha

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

in the beginning there was sound…and then there was light…and a hummmmmmmmm[:D]

i met a grandma programmer once (swedish guy) and he had a good answer to this one he said:
    without lights its just radio….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

But no one goes home whistling the lights do they?[}:)]

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.