suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

How about porting the editor to an app for the iPad?

Seems like a perfect device for remote controlling my console.

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32

Profile photo of Krzychu
    Krzychu
    Participant

Hello all… It is my first time here, and my experience with iLive is based on last three shows. I am very satisfied with its capabilities and workflow. Especially for this price. I may have a lot of suggestions in the future, as I know it better, but one thing is misleading IMHO. The little gate/comp indicators for each channel in the display. They flash each time the corresponding dynamic processor crosses treshold, even if it is disangaged. Maybe it would be better to indicate gate/comp state only if it is really in the process chain. Maybe there is a way of displaying it more preciselly if needed (gain reduction bars). And vote for sidechain and some distortion FX, and GEQ FX (for insert wherever needed).

Thanks.

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

How about a 1u accessory for the mixrack that links to the rack via either the ACE connection or just two inputs and a network connection that an external USB memory stick or hard drive can be plugged into with program material on that can be accessed via the editor software.

Really for those who are using just a laptop to mix with and don’t have any local inputs at the FOH desk position but wish to access backing music between sets or acts without having to run a small copper snake or be at the stage with the mixrack.

Maybe the controlling software (editor or something else) could represent a DJ mixer so songs could be mixed as a DJ would…

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I would find it helpful if there was a “last updated” time on the scene page for whatever scene it is that is highlighted.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

(updated time would be great especially for finding that last one someone else made.)

My next idea: when using a stereo mix and adding an Alternate Input from one channel is it possible to set it up so that it can be fed to both sides of the stereo mix rather than just one side?

This would be really useful for multiple similar IEM feeds e.g. Vocals – same stereo mix + variable amount of individual. splitting before the physical connection is not practical as we use all 48 inputs.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

*BUMP* When running the Editor, it would be really great to have sidechain monitoring aka key listen within the dynamics processing modules. Thanks.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Joe90

How about a 1u accessory for the mixrack that links to the rack via either the ACE connection or just two inputs and a network connection that an external USB memory stick or hard drive can be plugged into with program material on that can be accessed via the editor software.

Really for those who are using just a laptop to mix with and don’t have any local inputs at the FOH desk position but wish to access backing music between sets or acts without having to run a small copper snake or be at the stage with the mixrack.

Maybe the controlling software (editor or something else) could represent a DJ mixer so songs could be mixed as a DJ would…

That’s where I would use Dante (see http://www.audinate.com)once it’s available. I would just run an audio player on the laptop and send the signal via the virtual soundcard over the IP-connection to the Mixrack.

Wouter

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by whitcodj

(updated time would be great especially for finding that last one someone else made.)

My next idea: when using a stereo mix and adding an Alternate Input from one channel is it possible to set it up so that it can be fed to both sides of the stereo mix rather than just one side?

This would be really useful for multiple similar IEM feeds e.g. Vocals – same stereo mix + variable amount of individual. splitting before the physical connection is not practical as we use all 48 inputs.

You could do that using Stereo Matrix as IEM sends: Check out my post: https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1067

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of Clintage
    Clintage
    Participant

I would like to see some sort of extender for the Port B on the iDR units. As in, the iDR could be on the stage, and the MMO card or other type of card could be at the front-of-house in some sort of a break-out box fashion. Perhaps some sort of connector card could go into the Port B bay, and then connect with the MMO module at the FoH via another CAT5 run. I know there are certain extenders I can use for the ADAT outputs such as the Hear Technologies’ Extreme Extender, but it would be nice to not have to drop another $600 on extenders.

Profile photo of arigy
    arigy
    Participant

It seems, the Dante is really coming ;) https://www.audinate.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117

Apart from this:
    I would really like to see improved MIDI support, including onboard FX. The ability to tweak FX parameters via MIDI is essential.

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

Still wanted:

– enhanced EQ, as a FX unit is fine, 6 band parametric with high Q, please.

– easy patching in the editor, think PM5D patch matrix

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

hey this is exciting! woot i want this now!
    ilive with Dante + Lab PLM amps = cat5 everywhere! yay!

quote:

Originally posted by arigy

It seems, the Dante is really coming ;) https://www.audinate.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117

Apart from this:
    I would really like to see improved MIDI support, including onboard FX. The ability to tweak FX parameters via MIDI is essential.

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by simonstpauli

Still wanted:

– easy patching in the editor, think PM5D patch matrix

I agree! I found patching with the Yamaha matrix approach much more intuitive.

Dave

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Dave

R.e Patching in editor, have you tried the drag and drop mode ? Just press I/O button under Setup Mode, click and hold on the I/P XLR you want to patch, and drag it to an input channel, then release.

Also works for output pacthing, just drag the o/p channel to an xlr.

Its a lot faster than setting each one up manually.

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a new one
    sometimes ( on the 144) one does a lot of button pushing to switch layers, i know one can “strip” em together,
    but how bot a “timeout” on the layer knobs-
    1. i want individual layer change-i push quickly once
    2. i want all the layers to change together- i push once (like on the phantom) but stay on the button for a while the all the (in my case 3) layers change together to the pushed “layerchangebutton” (killerword init?)
    this includes as well if i am lets say 1st section layer a 2nd section layer c 3rd section layer b.so if i push the layer knob b (longer) the others gather up e.t.c. waddayathink?

cheers
    dave
    ps: COMPUTER KEY SHORTCUTS ON THE EDITOR!!!

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 /

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.