2 Venues, 2 Control Surfaces, 1 DM0 Mixrack w/ Dante,

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions 2 Venues, 2 Control Surfaces, 1 DM0 Mixrack w/ Dante,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ana Ana 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ZachTH
    ZachTH
    Participant

Hello,

We have a DM0 with a Dante 128×128 card as our primary processing unit for our Main Sanctuary with a C1500 as the control surface. In our Fellowship hall we have been operating with an IP6/Ipad also utilizing the same DM0/Dante setup. Our I/O needs are relatively low in both venues (<40 in one and <20 in the other). This setup works and so we are looking to buy a gigACE Card (to be put in the DM0) and a C3500 to outfit our Main Sanctuary and put the C1500 down in our Fellowship Hall.

The biggest drawback I’m foreseeing (and have already noticed) is show files with two control surfaces. Since both venues share the same show file on the DM0, you need to have tight control over what gets loaded/overwritten. The C1500 surface is configured to only really show/control the inputs of the current venue, so we haven’t had too many issues.

I have not dug into profiles and where they could fit into this equation. Any advice or thoughts on how to handle this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Zach

Profile photo of Ana
    Ana
    Participant

You should be able to use the ‘roles’ feature to achieve what you are after.

Then you can use scenes (Rather than the whole show file) to recall settings as needed on either surface and each surface will only be able to adjust its allowed portion of the processing. There is even a default multisurface setup you could start with.

check out this https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Understanding-Multi-Surface-ISS1.pdf

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.