2 Tap Delay parameter "Scatter"

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 2 Tap Delay parameter "Scatter"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Hi there…. today tinkered with the 2 Tap Delay FX-Engine of the QU 16. There is a function “Scatter”. What does it do? Thanks for help!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The most detailed description of the FX controls is available in the dLive reference guide. The 2 Tap Delay description can be found here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/dLive-Firmware-Reference-Guide-V1.8.pdf#page=101

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Wow! Cool! Much more information than in the QU 16 reference guide! Thank you very much!!!!!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@alex A&H

That guide is labelled firmware for dlive.

If that applies to Qu models then it should also have the Qu label and be listed with Qu documents.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Yes, I wondered also, that in QU documentation it is not really explained. The explanation of all buttons is much more complete in the dLive PDF… Okay, there are some FX-engines, which are not included in the QU-series, but I picked out the included FX-engines… I think, the problem is, that the FX-engines perhaps are not programmed by A&H but by external suppliers? And A&H did “forget” to “update” the FX-engine-section of the QU? Anywy, now I got more information about the QU included features “Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Chorus, ADT-Doubler”… that’s enough for me at this point…

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@frank

A LOT of stuff is not in the Qu documentation.

Often they point to yet another PDF somewhere that has the missing info

It really should all be in one document or at least have pointers to all those PDFs in the main Qu document

Sometimes they point to useless utoob videos with hideous audio and video with some guy blocking what you need to see

Dont know cant say if they ‘forgot’ to update the Qu docs.
    All I know is that they are ‘good’ for being written by engineers but very poor on an absolute grading scale.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Effects are something you experiment with in real time and learn from that. Set up a couple small speakers, plug in a mic, make noises in the mic while playing with different effects parameters, save the ones you like in effects library, during the bands soundcheck try some of them out, adjust as needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.