2 SQ Mixers with 2 DX-168 with Dante Card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions 2 SQ Mixers with 2 DX-168 with Dante Card

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

I have setup like this.

2 no.of DX-168 (Stage and Instruments)
    1 Dante Card – 1 (Multi-track Recording)
    2 no.of SQ6 (FOH and Monitor mix)

1) I have two DX-168, one for Stage and choir(12 Mic inputs), one for instruments(14 inputs). both are inter linked, and one is connected to SQ6 (Monitor).
    2) I have two SQ6 mixers for FOH and Monitors. Now, DX-168 is connected to Monitor SQ6 and this has Dante cord for Multi track recording.
    My question is how can I connect SQ6(monitor) to SQ6(FOH)? because i already used SLink port to connect DX-168 input and used IO Port for Dante Card.
    Please give me suggestion.

Thanks in Advance.
    Joseph

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Joseph,

To use only one cable between FoH and Monitor consoles I would suggest moving the Dante card (and recording) to the FoH position, then add an SLink card to the Monitor console.
    This way you can use Tie Lines from Monitor to route the DX168’s on stage to FoH.
    You can also return the FoH mix to Monitors and use Tie Lines to route to the main sound system.

If you need to keep Dante and recording at the Monitor position, you would need to run two cables and connect the DX168’s to the FoH console, then add an SLink card here to run back to Monitors.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Thank You Keith for the explanation. Got the point.

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

Hmmm, does this mean I could put an S-link card in my SQ5 on stage and using tie lines send the inputs to a GLD at FOH ?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

No, the GLD can only communicate digitally with the SQ using a 3rd Party prorocol like Dante.

Profile photo of Silvermake
    Silvermake
    Participant

@mfk0815 This is actually not true. I tested signal flow earlier as you can read in my earlier post. 😉

SQ6 to QU-SB (using as Stage Box versus DX168)

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Even if it is possible at the moment I think it is something like bug using. Please read the comments of Keith in the thread you linked. This is an official statement of one of the representatives of A&H. If it works now it possibly do not after any firmware update in the future.i would not count on that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.