2 'Silent' Microphones that must stay silent – Easy?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions 2 'Silent' Microphones that must stay silent – Easy?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jabney
    jabney
    Participant

Some questions about ambient microphones, iLive and Dante.

Two live recording microphones face the rear of the audience (and thus the loudspeakers) so the mic’s should never be heard – during the event. The live audience is number one – always. I’m pretty sure this WON’T work, but is it close?

iDR48 #47 hardware-in and #48 hardware-in linked together (in iLive Mix Rack Input Channels 1 to 64) – On, Sub=default (off), Pan L (47), Pan R (48). Channels=0dB, everything else default (except names and color).

Input Output Port B: Dante = 47 / Single / Mix Rack Inputs / Channel Number = F-7 / Port B Stereo Link = on (green)
    and
    Input Output Port B: Dante = 48 / Single / Mix Rack Inputs / Channel Number = F-8 / Port B Stereo Link = on (green)

Dante is working (as A&H inputs only) and the PA system is working. What else should I do before we actually try the ambient mic’s? (besides turn down the faders first)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t understand your problem,
    what are you using for recording?
    Direct Outs?
    Then you only have to unroute the Inputs…
    If you are using a Matrix then you need to route the Mics to a group or aux and then send that to the matrix as needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.