2 in 1 Question about addons

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions 2 in 1 Question about addons

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Hi.

1. Can we make our bundles? I don’t find very useful to buy 3 compressors, or 4 GEQ or whatever. Maybe was more good to be like a combination between them : One compressor with one GEQ and one tool…

2. One of the presented GEQ in addons section of A&H site, can be used in each channel? For example I want to use a GEQ to a mic channel, because it is easy to cut off the feedback frequencies!

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

GEQ are for Outputs/Mixes only, they replace the standard GEQ with a different flavor

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Yeah…. Not helping…
    Thanks you.

In my opinion, a GEQ for each channel, or a customized multiband PEQ (not only 4) will be the best for our PA systems for individuals.

Regards,
    Vali

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

In my opinion, a GEQ for each channel, or a customized multiband PEQ (not only 4) will be the best for our PA systems for individuals.

maybe you should learn something about sound system engeneering first
    not starting with the mixer, just start with the basics
    why we (sound people) are doing things how we are doing them

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

Or maybe we know more than you think we do.

We definitely need EQ for each of our channels.

Although I do with the dealer had done the output LR first by ringing out the room.
    We still do have some special cases of standing waves that need that ONE mike EQd to stop feedback.

Discovered that when a show used our facility and some kid raised a mike as they all did because of different heights of kids
    and then suddenly FEEDBACK. That mike was exactly at the spot our tall pastor talked from when we had problems with HIS Mike.

The problem was not the usual stuff but is clearly a standing wave that hits at that one point.
    And yes, the MD is looking at further treating of the apse to help stop reflections more.
    We already adjusted the inside window shutters to bounce sound down into the rugs and audience instead of up into the ceiling and walls. And we added hanging cloth items along the walls to also help some. Next is paying to treat the back wall to finish the job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.