2 computers, 1 Qu

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 2 computers, 1 Qu

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoeKeys
    JoeKeys
    Participant

any of y’all tried using a usb switch with your Qu? Don’t really want to have to constantly switch out the usb cables and i need to access the mixer on 2 computers in our studio on the regular. Didnt get any returns on a topic search, so i thought I’d ask before giving it a go. Have a great day!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@joekeys

Sometimes usb switches work sometimes they don’t, in general on any pc & i/o device. So WHICH Switch ??
    Also which computer with what opsys? Win10 may be touchy, some macs also.
    And then there is the issue of usb3 and its problems with AH devices.

https://www.diodes.com/design/support/technical-articles/pericoms-articles/3-things-you-need-to-know-about-usb-switches/
    There are possibly other switch architectures which may have different problems.

Also they may need external power or not work with some devices that need a lot of power.
    Irregular speed and device freezing have been reported with some switches.
    One report of frying a keyboard was reported.

Read the reviews and then decide what to do.
    While there are many good 5* reviews there are certainly enough with problems to be concerned.
    OTOH the device is not that expensive so your best bet may just be to try it.

For sure nobody can guarantee that switch x will work your your unknown computers and be 100% reliable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.