2 Channels 1 Input

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions 2 Channels 1 Input

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hopcazz
    hopcazz
    Participant

Hi Guys
    Had more time now to look deeper into the workings of the desk and have worked out that you cann assign an input on the stage box to two channels ie input 1 to channels 1 & 2 all seems to work fine but the question is does it share the preamp ie if you turn the gain on 1 up will it turn the gain on channel 2 up. in other words does it share the gain or split the gain.

Talk Soon
    Carwyn

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Preamps with their gain are fixed connected to the input sockets. If one socket is shared by two channels, changing the gain will affect both channels just the same.
    You can still change the channel’s trim (also in the input section) separately. This is a software setting per channel(like EQ, Comp…)

Profile photo of hopcazz
    hopcazz
    Participant

I’ve just tried it and it doesn’t change the number in the other channels gain level on the other channel but other than that i thought of using the trim on one and the gain on the other as you said

thanks for the reply
    carwyn

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

How do you set this up were one input into two channels

Thanks

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I’ve just tried it and it doesn’t change the number in the other channels gain level on the other channel but other than that i thought of using the trim on one and the gain on the other as you said

If you want completely independant control of BOTH chanels you probably want to first set the preamp gain to the right ball park, then set BOTH chanels to be trim on surface. Then you can adjust the trim on either chanel without it affecting the other.

If you have one channel with gain on surface and the other with trim, you can adjust the latter without affecting the former, but if you adjust the gain on the former it will affect the signal level on the latter, even though the trim value won’t change. That MAY of course be what you want in some circumstances.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Cookie. In the preamp screen in the upper left corner you select the socket for that channel. So for example if you have socket 1 on channel 1 on channel 2 you can also select socket 1. But bear in mind as others have said regarding gain and trim levels.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.